The fortunes of the two clubs have been very different this season, with the Reds currently sitting at the top of the standings while their London rivals are 17 points behind them in ninth.
Jurgen Klopp made a shocking announcement last week that he will step down as manager at the end of the 2023-24 campaign.
The German boss will want to make his final season memorable by winning the Premier League title.
The Reds are in a great position to pull off that feat as they are five points clear at the top of the league table.
They cruised to a 5-2 victory over Norwich City in the FA Cup fourth round last weekend, with Curtis Jones, Darwin Nunez, Diogo Jota, Virgil van Dijk and Ryan Gravenberch all earning their names on the scoresheet.
Jurgen Klopp’s men are currently unbeaten in their previous 10 games in all competitions.
The Blues have seen an upturn in form in recent weeks, losing only one of their previous seven matches in all competitions.
Mauricio Pochettino’s side claimed a thumping 6-1 win over Middlesbrough to progress to the EFL Cup final at Wembley last week.
But they were held to a goalless draw by Aston Villa in the fourth round of the FA Cup on Friday.
Chelsea created several goalscoring opportunities but the lack of finishing let them down, with the Londoners now having to face Villa again in a replay next month.
Liverpool will be missing several players on Wednesday due to fitness issues, including Mohamed Salah, Joel Matip, Thiago Alcantara, Kostas Tsimikas and Stefan Bajcetic. Meanwhile, Wataru Endo is away with the national team at the Asian Cup.
Meanwhile, Mauricio Pochettino is also dealing with a long list of absentees due to injuries. Reece James, Wesley Fofana, Marc Cucurella, Trevoh Chalobah, and Robert Sanchez are all in the infirmary in latest Chelsea news.
Liverpool vs Chelsea potential line-ups
Liverpool: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Konate, Van Dijk, Robertson; Jones, Mac Allister, Gravenberch; Jota, Nunez, Diaz
Chelsea: Petrovic; Disasi, Silva, Badiashile, Chilwell; Caicedo, Fernandez; Palmer, Gallagher, Sterling; Broja
Liverpool vs Chelsea prediction
The two sides have been very evenly matched in recent years as their last seven meetings have ended as draws.
However, given Liverpool’s form and home advantage, we are backing Jurgen Klopp’s men to prevail this week at Anfield.
Liverpool 2-1 Chelsea
- Everton face crucial month of March that could define their season
- Preview: Blackburn Rovers vs Newcastle United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- EFL Cup final preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Porto vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- NBA 2023/24: 4 Main Contenders for the Championship
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Wolverhampton Wanderers – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Copenhagen vs Manchester City – prediction, team News, line-ups
- Preview: West Ham United vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups