Jurgen Klopp’s side are currently two points ahead of title rivals Arsenal in the Premier League standings, while the Magpies have dropped down to ninth following recent poor results.
Liverpool played out a pulsating 1-1 draw with Arsenal last weekend, but they had no intention to drop more points on Tuesday against Burnley.
The Reds got an ideal start by smashing the opener through Darwin Nunez on six minutes.
The visitors kept up the pressure and created several more goal scoring chances. But James Trafford’s brilliance in goal ensured the scoreline remained 1-0.
Jurgen Klopp’s side also had two goals chalked off before Diogo Jota left the bench to score a late second, sealing an excellent 2-0 success.
Tuesday’s 3-1 loss to Nottingham Forest was their third consecutive defeat in all competitions.
Chris Wood stole all the headlines in the St James’ Park encounter, with the New Zealand international netting a brilliant hat-trick to lead his side to a much needed win.
Manager Eddie Howe has recently been under a lot of scrutiny as his side crashed out of the Champions League and they are also struggling to perform in the English top-flight.
The English boss must bring some improvement over the coming weeks to restore the supporters’ faith in him.
Liverpool are still battling with several injury issues this week, with Ben Doak, Kostas Tsimikas, Thiago Alcantara, Joel Matip and Andrew Robertson all out due to fitness problems. Alexis Mac Allister is said to have made a good recovery but Sunday’s game may come too soon for him.
As for Newcastle, they are still without the services of Nick Pope, Jamaal Lascelles, Javi Manquillo, Jacob Murphy, Harvey Barnes, Joe Willock and Matt Targett as they are all in the infirmary.
Liverpool vs Newcastle United potential line-ups
Liverpool: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Konate, Van Dijk, Gomez; Szoboszlai, Endo, Gravenberch; Salah, Gakpo, Nunez
Newcastle: Dubravka; Trippier, Schar, Botman, Burn; Joelinton, Guimaraes, Miley; Almiron, Isak, Gordon
Liverpool vs Newcastle United prediction
Confidence in the Newcastle camp is likely to be very low following their recent poor results. It will be a surprise if the Magpies could even come away with a draw.
Liverpool will be looking to maintain their momentum and given their form and home advantage, they are expected to register full points from the upcoming fixture.
Liverpool 2-0 Newcastle United
- Everton face crucial month of March that could define their season
- Preview: Blackburn Rovers vs Newcastle United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- EFL Cup final preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Porto vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- NBA 2023/24: 4 Main Contenders for the Championship
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Wolverhampton Wanderers – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Copenhagen vs Manchester City – prediction, team News, line-ups
- Preview: West Ham United vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups