Connect with us

Manchester City

Manchester City vs Crystal Palace – H2H, Form Guide, Injury News and Prediction

A potentially pivotal game lies ahead as Manchester City is set to face off against Crystal Palace on Saturday, 2023-12-16 at 3:00 PM UTC. The showdown, slated to take place at Manchester’s Etihad Stadium, will witness Crystal Palace’s desperation to salvage their season while Manchester City continues to vie for the premier league top position.

Head To Head

Historically, Manchester City has held an edge in their clashes against Crystal Palace. In their last ten meetings, Manchester City has been victorious six times, while Crystal Palace has only managed to secure two wins with two games resulting in a draw. The most recent face-off, held on 2023-03-11, ended in Manchester City’s favour with a score of 1-0.

Recent Form: Manchester City

With a recently exhilarating 3-2 victory over FK Crvena Zvezda in the UEFA Champions League and carrying the momentum of being unbeaten in their last 7 games, Manchester City is looking formidable. Despite the blip against Aston Villa, their high-scoring draws and victories signal their attacking prowess.

The last 5 games of Manchester City

  1. FK Crvena Zvezda 2-3 Manchester City (2023-12-13) UEFA Champions League
  2. Luton 1-2 Manchester City (2023-12-10)
  3. Aston Villa 1-0 Manchester City (2023-12-06)
  4. Manchester City 3-3 Tottenham (2023-12-03)
  5. Manchester City 3-2 RB Leipzig (2023-11-28) UEFA Champions League

Recent Form: Crystal Palace

Coupled with their lower league standing, Crystal Palace has had a rough patch with their recent form. Losing three of their last five games, Crystal Palace is under pressure to turn things around.

The last 5 games of Crystal Palace

  1. Crystal Palace 1-2 Liverpool (2023-12-09)
  2. Crystal Palace 0-2 Bournemouth (2023-12-06)
  3. West Ham 1-1 Crystal Palace (2023-12-03)
  4. Luton 2-1 Crystal Palace (2023-11-25)
  5. Crystal Palace 2-3 Everton (2023-11-11)

Under the Weather: Injured Players

Manchester City’s squad has been hampered by injuries to key players K. De Bruyne and E. Haaland, an element that could potentially affect their performance. J. Doku’s status remains questionable due to a knock.

Betting Advice and Predictions

The stakes are high as Manchester City fights to stay within reaching distance of the top slot. Crystal Palace’s struggle for form and their lower league standing, combined with Manchester City’s impressive unbeaten record, make the latter the favourites to win. The prediction rests at a 45% chance for a home team victory, and 45% for the game ending in a draw. The remaining 10% suggests an upset from Crystal Palace. So, if you’re looking to place a bet, the odds are stacked heavily in Manchester City’s favor.

League Standings and Consequences

Currently, Manchester City stands at the fourth position with 33 points whilst Crystal Palace is trying to steady their ship at 15th position with 16 points. A victory for Manchester City can nudge them closer to the top three whereas Crystal Palace desperately needs to chalk up those points and rise from the relegation zone. The results of the game can significantly rearrange the current Premier League standings.

More in Manchester City