Chelsea entered the international break on a positive note after picking up a spectacular 4-4 draw against Manchester City. The Citizens took the lead on three occasions but were pegged back each time, with Mauricio Pochettino’s side managing to earn a point from the home encounter in the end.
The Blues are now set to visit Newcastle United on 25 November in another tricky fixture, available to watch via the soccer streams. Ahead of the blockbuster Premier League clash at St James’ Park, we will discuss all the latest Chelsea injury news.
1- Christopher Nkunku
Christopher Nkunku is yet to make his debut at Stamford Bridge since joining the Londoners from RB Leipzig in the summer. Pochettino has revealed that the 26-year-old is targeting an ambitious return soon, and we could see him as part of the matchday squad on Saturday against Newcastle.
2- Romeo Lavia
Romeo Lavia is another summer signing who is yet to make his first appearances for the Blues. He has been recovering from an ankle issue and could be available for selection by December.
3- Reece James
Reece James was included in the England’s squad by Southgate for the two November’s fixtures. But the right-back turned down the opportunity because he wanted to focus on his fitness for Chelsea first.
4- Conor Gallagher
Manager Gareth Southgate confirmed Conor Gallagher had picked up a knock in the home match against City. But the English boss also said the 23-year-old was fine to start in the qualifiers for the national team.
The midfielder should be okay to be part of the Blues squad against Newcastle.
5- Wesley Fofana
Wesley Fofana suffered an ACL injury during the pre-season. He is currently recovering from the knock but we don’t expect him back for a few more months.
- Pro Picks: Analyzing and Applying NBA Tips from the Ladbrokes Blog
- Tottenham predicted line-up vs Aston Villa, Bentancur and Udogie to start
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Burnley vs West Ham United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Everton vs Manchester United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Chelsea – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Chelsea’s next five matches after the international break
- Chelsea injury news: Nkunku, Lavia and James latest update ahead of Newcastle clash
- ICC World Cup 2023: Australia beat India to lift record 6th title