Australia will square off with South Africa in a mouth-watering ICC World Cup 2023 semi-final clash at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata.
Both teams look evenly matched and each have won seven of their nine group matches to share the same points.
Australia got off to a poor start in India, losing their first two games to India and South Africa.
But they bounced back emphatically, winning all seven subsequent matches to qualify for the semi-final.
The Aussies are the most successful team in World Cup history, with five titles to their name.
Their most recent success in the tournament came in 2015 when they cruised past New Zealand in the final in Melbourne.
The five-time world champions have twice faced South Africa in the semi-finals and won on both occasions.
However, they were soundly beaten by the Proteas last month, with Quinton de Kock playing a match-winning 109 knock.
To date, the 1998 Champions Trophy is the only silverware won by South Africa but Temba Bavuma and co. will look to break that record this month.
The Proteas’ entire team collapsed on a meagre 83 against India earlier this month, but their overall performance in the competition has been impressive.
De Kock has been their star batsman so far in the tournament, with only Virat Kohli scoring more runs than the 30-year-old. But the African side have also relied on the valuable contributions from Rassie van der Dussen and Aiden Markram.
The trio will have to step up once again on Thursday to help their side do well against Australia.
Australia vs South Africa playing XI
Australia: Pat Cummins (captain), Marnus Labuschagne, Glenn Maxwell, Josh Inglis (wk), Mitchell Starc, David Warner, Adam Zampa, Travis Head, Marcus Stoinis, Josh Hazlewood , Mitchell Marsh.
South Africa: Temba Bavuma (captain), Keshav Maharaj, Aiden Markram, Quinton de Kock (wk), Kagiso Rabada, David Miller, Gerald Coetzee, Marco Jensen, Rassie van der Dussen, Heinrich Klaasen, Lungi Ngidi.
How to Watch?
Australia vs South Africa prediction
Both teams look evenly matched and boast plenty of firepower in their top order. But we are backing the Aussies for success in Kolkata due to their bowling, which will be spearheaded by Adam Zampa – the man who has taken an impressive 22 wickets so far.
- Pro Picks: Analyzing and Applying NBA Tips from the Ladbrokes Blog
- Tottenham predicted line-up vs Aston Villa, Bentancur and Udogie to start
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Burnley vs West Ham United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Everton vs Manchester United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Chelsea – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Chelsea’s next five matches after the international break
- Chelsea injury news: Nkunku, Lavia and James latest update ahead of Newcastle clash
- ICC World Cup 2023: Australia beat India to lift record 6th title