Tournament favourites India will square off with New Zealand in the first semi-final of the ICC World Cup 2023.
The Men in Blue have been impeccable in the tournament so far, winning all nine matches in dominating fashion.
India will enter as favourites in the semi-final match at Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai.
No team in the tournament has been able to trouble the Rohit Sharma-led side, who currently look to be the most well-balanced team.
Only against England last month, they looked to be struggling after posting just 229 in 50 overs.
But an excellent bowling display more than compensated for their batting deficiencies that day as they ended up winning by an incredible 100 runs. Mohammed Shami and Jasprit Bumrah took seven wickets between them.
Since then, they have crushed Sri Lanka by 302 runs, cruised past South Africa by 243 and beaten Netherlands by 160.
India are absolutely at the top of their game and it looks no team will be able to beat them.
New Zealand face a very challenging task on Wednesday but they should take some heart from their semi-final victory over their rivals in 2019.
Back then, India had lost only one game before the important clash at Old Trafford, but the Black Caps edged the contest by 18 runs despite being unconvincing in the group stage.
They will hope to pull off a similar feat this week at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai.
New Zealand started their World Cup campaign in a brilliant fashion, comfortably winning their first four matches.
But they lost their momentum after defeats against India, Australia, South Africa and even Pakistan.
However, a five-wicket win over Sri Lanka last week ensured the semi-final spot for the Kane Williamson-led side.
India vs New Zealand playing XI
India: Rohit Sharma (c), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul (wk), Suryakumar Yadav, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Siraj, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah.
New Zealand: Devon Conway, Rachin Ravindra, Kane Williamson (c), Daryl Mitchell, Mark Chapman, Tom Latham (wk), Glenn Phillips, Mitchell Santner, Kyle Jamieson, Lockie Ferguson, Trent Boult.
How to watch?
India vs New Zealand prediction
The Men in Blue look to have no weakness at the moment, with all their batsmen and bowlers in top form. They have also beaten New Zealand in the group stage, but we are still tempted to back the Kiwis for success on Wednesday. The Black Caps will have the psychological advantage as they have outclassed India at the semi-final stage in the previous World Cup.
- Pro Picks: Analyzing and Applying NBA Tips from the Ladbrokes Blog
- Tottenham predicted line-up vs Aston Villa, Bentancur and Udogie to start
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Burnley vs West Ham United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Everton vs Manchester United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Chelsea – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Chelsea’s next five matches after the international break
- Chelsea injury news: Nkunku, Lavia and James latest update ahead of Newcastle clash
- ICC World Cup 2023: Australia beat India to lift record 6th title