Tournament favourites India will return to action on Sunday as they square off with England in the 29th match of the ICC World Cup 2023.
The Men in Blue are on the verge of securing semi-final qualification after winning all five matches in the prestigious competition.
Meanwhile, the visitors are sitting second-bottom in the table, having registered just two points from their five games.
India were regarded as the favourites to win the ICC World Cup 2023.
The Rohit Sharma-led side have brilliantly lived up to that reputation as they are yet to lose a game in the tournament.
After comfortable victories over Australia and Afghanistan, the 2011 world champions crushed arch-rivals Pakistan by an incredible seven wickets in Ahmedabad.
India also defeated Bangladesh in a comprehensive manner last week before ending the unbeaten streak of New Zealand on Sunday.
Mohammed Shami was the star performer in the HPCA Stadium encounter as his brilliant bowling spell helped restrict the Kiwis to 273.
The Men in Blue chased down the target after an impressive 95-run knock from Virat Kohli.
They will now come up against England, knowing victory in Lucknow will almost guarantee their progress to the knockouts.
As for the Three Lions, things are looking very grim at the moment. After losing four of their five matches, they are sitting second-bottom in the World Cup standings.
Their solitary win came against Bangladesh after Dawid Malan smashed a fantastic 140 knock.
Since that victory, the Jos Buttler-led side have lost against Afghanistan, South Africa and Sri Lanka.
England still have a chance to make it to the semi-finals provided they win their remaining four matches as well as other results go in their favour.
India vs England playing XI
India: Rohit Sharma (c), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul (wk), Suryakumar Yadav, Ravindra Jadeja, Mohammed Shami, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj
England: Jonny Bairstow, Dawid Malan, Joe Root, Ben Stokes, Harry Brook, Jos Buttler (c) (wk), Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, David Willey, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood
How to Watch?
Fans can watch the India vs England match, as well as all other games of the ICC World Cup 2023, via cricket live streaming sites.
India vs England prediction
India have been impeccable in the tournament so far. The Men in Blue look very strong in the batting department with Sharma, Kohli and Shubman Gill in the team, while in bowling, they boast the likes of Jasprit Bumrah, Kuldeep Yadav and Mohammed Shami.
England are capable of making a big comeback by winning on Sunday, but the likelihood is India will prevail considering their excellent form.
- Pro Picks: Analyzing and Applying NBA Tips from the Ladbrokes Blog
- Tottenham predicted line-up vs Aston Villa, Bentancur and Udogie to start
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Burnley vs West Ham United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Everton vs Manchester United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Chelsea – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Chelsea’s next five matches after the international break
- Chelsea injury news: Nkunku, Lavia and James latest update ahead of Newcastle clash
- ICC World Cup 2023: Australia beat India to lift record 6th title