The 26th match of the ICC World Cup 2023 will see Pakistan taking on South Africa at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai on Friday.
The Babar Azam-led side will likely miss out on the semi-final if they lose, while the Proteas will be moving a step closer towards qualification if they win tomorrow.
Pakistan will enter the World Cup match on the back of a humiliating eight-wicket loss at the hands of tournament minnows Afghanistan.
An impressive bowling spell from Noor Ahmad, who claimed three scalps while conceding only 49 in 10 overs, helped restrict the Green Shirts to 282.
Impressive knocks from all four opening batsmen, especially Ibrahim Zadran who smashed 10 boundaries and registered 87 runs, helped Afghanistan chase the target in the 49th over.
That was the third consecutive loss for the Green Shirts, and now they are on the brink of elimination.
The 1992 world champions will likely go out of the tournament if they lose even one of their remaining four group games.
Meanwhile, South Africa have enjoyed a brilliant World Cup campaign so far.
With four wins from five matches, they are currently sitting second in the standings behind India.
Their only defeat came against Netherlands in a huge upset last week in Dharamshala.
But the Proteas bounced back with an incredible 229 runs success over defending champions England at the weekend.
Heinrich Klaasen was the standout performer in that game, with the 32-year-old hitting 109 off 57 balls.
South Africa followed that up with another emphatic victory against Bangladesh on Tuesday after Quinton de Kock smashed a 174 runs innings.
Pakistan vs South Africa playing XI
Pakistan: Imam-Ul-Haq, Abdullah Shafique, Babar Azam (c), Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Saud Shakeel, Iftikhar Ahmed, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Nawaz, Shaheen Afridi, Hasan Ali, Haris Rauf.
South Africa: Quinton de Kock (wk), Reeza Hendricks, Rassie van der Dussen, Aiden Markram, Heinrich Klaasen, David Miller, Marco Jansen, Keshav Maharaj, Gerald Coetzee, Kagiso Rabada, Lizaad Williams.
How to Watch?
Pakistan vs South Africa prediction
The confidence in the Pakistan’s camp will likely be very low following the three demoralising defeats at the hands of India, Australia, and Afghanistan. They will be looking for a big victory on Friday, but considering the form of South Africa, we don’t think the Green Shirts will be able to achieve that feat. The Proteas should prevail.
- Pro Picks: Analyzing and Applying NBA Tips from the Ladbrokes Blog
- Tottenham predicted line-up vs Aston Villa, Bentancur and Udogie to start
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Burnley vs West Ham United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Everton vs Manchester United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Chelsea – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Chelsea’s next five matches after the international break
- Chelsea injury news: Nkunku, Lavia and James latest update ahead of Newcastle clash
- ICC World Cup 2023: Australia beat India to lift record 6th title