Liverpool endured a frustrating 2022-23 campaign in the Premier League as they finished outside the top-four for the first time in seven seasons.
A disappointing start proved costly to the Reds who, despite a late charge, ended up four points behind Newcastle United in the table.
A fifth-place finish means the Merseyside giants will compete in the Europa League this term.
It is Europe’s second-tier competition but the quality of teams isn’t inferior at all.
Villarreal and Real Betis will be representing Spain, Roma and Atalanta have qualified from Italy, while Bayer Leverkusen and Freiburg will be flying the flag for France.
However, Liverpool will undoubtedly be the favourites to win the prestigious European competition.
After the underwhelming 2022-23 season, Jurgen Klopp made some huge changes to the squad.
James Milner, Naby Keita, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Roberto Firmino, Jordan Henderson and Fabinho all departed Anfield in the last window, making room for Alexis Mac Allister, Dominik Szoboszlai, Wataru Endo and Ryan Gravenberch.
And the changes seem to have worked brilliantly for the Reds as they have made a spectacular start to the new campaign.
Jurgen Klopp’s side are only two points behind Manchester City after picking up four wins from their first five league matches.
They are set to start their European campaign later this week by taking on Austrian side LASK, with the match available to watch via Liverpool live streams.
The Merseyside outfit’s group also contains Royale Union Saint-Gilloise and Toulouse, and so they shouldn’t have much difficulty in making it to the knockouts.
Their challenges will increase from that stage onwards, with teams from the Champions League dropping down to the competition.
However, given the quality of their squad, we believe they will go all the way and win the Europa League trophy.
- ICC Cricket World Cup 2023: Full squad lists of all 10 teams
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Memsie Stakes – A Look at the Past Winners
- Five League Cup matches to watch this week
- Preview: Chelsea vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Could Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City Go Unbeaten This Season?
- Chelsea starlet agrees new contract ahead of potential January exit
- West Ham eye another European trophy after Conference League success last season