West Ham United ended the 2022-23 season on a high by lifting the Europa Conference League trophy, beating Fiorentina in the final in Prague.
David Moyes remained under pressure for the majority of the campaign after he failed to deliver results at the London Stadium, despite heavy investments on new signings in the summer.
However, the Scot managed to guide his side to Premier League survival after a good run in the middle of the campaign.
He also led them to success in the Conference League, and so as a reward, the Hammers will be competing in the Europa League.
The East Londoners have made an impressive start to the new campaign, picking up 10 points from their first five league encounters.
The Irons will start their European campaign later this week when they take on Backa Topola, with the match available to watch via West Ham live streams.
The Serbian side seem relatively easier opponents, but the same thing cannot be said about Olympiacos and Freiburg, who are all part of Group A.
However, David Moyes’ side are still expected to finish at the top and make it to the knockouts.
The quality of their squad is unquestioned, with the club having signed Edson Alvarez, James Ward-Prowse, Mohamed Kudus and Konstantinos Mavropanos in the summer.
Apart from Liverpool, Brighton & Hove Albion, Roma and Villarreal are being regarded as the top favourites to win the prestigious competition.
But the Hammers have the capability of surprising everyone by adding another European trophy after their success in the Conference League.
However, an early elimination in the knockouts is also on the cards for the Londoners if they come up against a big team like Liverpool.
- ICC Cricket World Cup 2023: Full squad lists of all 10 teams
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Memsie Stakes – A Look at the Past Winners
- Five League Cup matches to watch this week
- Preview: Chelsea vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Could Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City Go Unbeaten This Season?
- Chelsea starlet agrees new contract ahead of potential January exit
- West Ham eye another European trophy after Conference League success last season