In football news today, the biggest story is once again Lionel Messi.
The Argentine, who recently led Inter Miami to Leagues Cup success, starred again on Wednesday to take them to the final of the US Open Cup, which can be watched via live soccer streaming sites.
The 36-year-old failed to score a goal this time against FC Cincinnati but he registered two assists and converted his penalty during the shootouts to help his side prevail in the semi-final at the TQL Stadium.
The Garys looked on course for a comfortable win when Brandon Vazquez put them 2-0 ahead on 53 minutes following the opener by Luciano Acosta.
But Messi inspired a great comeback with a well-timed assist that led to Leonardo Campana’s goal in the 68th-minute.
The World Cup winner set up Campana once again to level the scores at 2-2 before the end of normal time.
Inter were in the ascendancy when Josef Martínez provided them the lead early in the extra time.
But Yuya Kubo scored the equaliser in the 114th-minute to make sure the fate of the match will be decided on penalties.
The quality of spot-kicks was brilliant from both Inter and Cincinnati, with each team successfully converting their first four penalties.
However, Nick Hagglund’s attempt was blocked by Drake Callender before Benjamin Cremaschi scored to lead Inter to the final of the US Open Cup.
- ICC Cricket World Cup 2023: Full squad lists of all 10 teams
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Memsie Stakes – A Look at the Past Winners
- Five League Cup matches to watch this week
- Preview: Chelsea vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Could Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City Go Unbeaten This Season?
- Chelsea starlet agrees new contract ahead of potential January exit
- West Ham eye another European trophy after Conference League success last season