The 24-year-old is currently one of the most sought-after midfielders in Europe after his brilliant displays for the Hammers over the years.
Known for his passing and ball interception skills, Rice has been consistently delivering performances for the Londoners.
He has made over 240 senior appearances for the Irons, with 15 goals and 13 assists to his name.
But with his contract expiring in 2024, the English player is expected to leave the London Stadium in this transfer window.
West Ham are said to be looking for around £100 million to part with their most important player.
This price tag will likely scare off many of his suitors, but Mikel Arteta’s side looks very serious in their pursuit.
According to the Daily Mail, the Gunners are ready to spend £90m to bring in the defensive midfielder.
That means they are prepared to break their transfer record for the England international.
Nicolas Pepe’s £72m move to the Emirates Stadium in 2019 is currently Arsenal’s most expensive transfer of all time. But Rice’s signing this summer would easily surpass that figure.
But the Gunners are believed to be the frontrunners in the race for the midfielder.
Manager Mikel Arteta is a huge admirer of the player and they are ready to part with a huge transfer fee.
- Everton face crucial month of March that could define their season
- Preview: Blackburn Rovers vs Newcastle United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- EFL Cup final preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Porto vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- NBA 2023/24: 4 Main Contenders for the Championship
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Wolverhampton Wanderers – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Copenhagen vs Manchester City – prediction, team News, line-ups
- Preview: West Ham United vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups