Pep Guardiola’s men provided a vintage performance against Real Madrid on Wednesday to win the Champions League semi final on 5-1 aggregate.
City dominated proceedings from the start with Erling Haaland twice forcing Thibaut Courtois into good saves.
However, the visitors couldn’t keep them at bay for long as Bernardo Silva struck from close-range in the 23rd minute.
The Portuguese extended the scoreline with a looping header eight minutes before the break.
Real threatened to make a comeback in the second-half but Manuel Akanji’s late header sealed the fate of the tie.
Julian Alvarez also left the bench to earn his name on the scoresheet as the Citizens claimed an emphatic 4-0 victory at the Etihad.
They will now want to secure the Premier League title with victory over Chelsea this weekend.
The Blues have been enormously disappointing with their performances since Frank Lampard took over the club as interim manager last month.
However, they failed to secure full points in their most recent home fixture against Nottingham Forest.
Steve Cooper’s men held the Blues to a 2-2 draw with Raheem Sterling and Taiwo Awoniyi both bagging braces.
Chelsea are now set to finish outside the top 10 this season, which is a huge drop in fortunes for the side that lifted the Champions League trophy two years ago.
Pep Guardiola doesn’t have many injury woes this week as Nathan Ake is the only one who is not fit for the coming match.
The same thing cannot be said about Chelsea who are currently dealing with a lot of injury issues. Ben Chilwell and Marc Cucurella are both unavailable and so Lewis Hall is expected to continue at left-back on Sunday.
Meanwhile, N’Golo Kante, Mason Mount, Reece and Armando Broja are all unlikely to play again this season due to fitness problems.
Manchester City vs Chelsea Potential line-ups
Manchester City: Ederson; Akanji, Laporte, Dias, Stones; Gundogan, Rodri; Foden, Bruyne, Mahrez; Haaland
Chelsea: Arrizabalaga; Chalobah, Silva, Badiashile, Hall; Loftus-Cheek, Fernandez, Gallagher; Madueke, Felix, Sterling
How to Watch?
Manchester City vs Chelsea, as well as all the other top-flight matches in England, can be watched via soccer streams.
Manchester City vs Chelsea prediction
City have been enjoying an excellent run of form in all competitions. They are now favourites to win the treble of trophies this season.
Chelsea’s hopes of getting a good result at the Etihad look very slim given their performances in recent weeks have been awful.
Manchester City 2-0 Chelsea
- Pro Picks: Analyzing and Applying NBA Tips from the Ladbrokes Blog
- Tottenham predicted line-up vs Aston Villa, Bentancur and Udogie to start
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Burnley vs West Ham United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Everton vs Manchester United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Chelsea – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Chelsea’s next five matches after the international break
- Chelsea injury news: Nkunku, Lavia and James latest update ahead of Newcastle clash
- ICC World Cup 2023: Australia beat India to lift record 6th title