The Toffees are currently under serious threat of getting relegated to the Championship this season.
A five-game winless streak has seen them slip to 18th in the standings, having 28 points from 32 matches.
They managed to earn a point at Crystal Palace last weekend, but Leicester’s 2-1 win over Wolverhampton Wanderers meant the Merseyside outfit dropped into the relegation zone.
Sean Dyche’s men made a poor start to the Selhurst Park encounter but improved as the first half wore on.
In the end, they held on for a point despite Mason Hogate getting dismissed for a second bookable offence in the 80th minute.
On the other hand, Newcastle registered a stunning 6-1 win over Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday in a huge boost to their hopes of finishing in the top-four.
The Magpies completely destroyed Spurs at St James’ Park, racing to a 5-0 lead within the first 21 minutes.
Jacob Murphy and Alexander Isak both scored twice while Joelinton also earned his name on the scoresheet in the first-half.
Harry Kane pulled one back soon after the restart but Callum Wilson’s 67th-minute strike meant the home side won by a margin of five goals.
The latest victory means they are now six points above the Lilywhites in the Premier League table, despite having a game over them.
Holgate will be missing Thursday’s clash for Everton after his sending off against Crystal Palace. Meanwhile, Andros Townsend, Seamus Coleman, Ruben Vinagre and Dele Alli will also be absent as they are all nursing injuries at the moment.
As for Newcastle, Emil Krafth will be on the sidelines due to injury, while the availability of Fabian Schar and Allan Saint-Maximin is also doubtful for the upcoming home match.
Everton vs Newcastle United potential line-ups
Everton: Pickford; Mykolenko, Tarkowski, Keane, Patterson; McNeil, Gueye, Doucoure, Iwobi; Gray, Calvert-Lewin
Newcastle United: Pope; Trippier, Lascelles, Botman, Burn; Longstaff, Guimaraes, Willock; Almiron, Isak, Joelinton
How to Watch?
Everton vs Newcastle United, as well as all the other top-flight matches in England, can be watched via soccer streams.
Everton vs Newcastle United prediction
Newcastle will enter the away game on the back of a morale-boosting 6-1 success over Tottenham. Confidence will likely be very high in their camp, and we believe they should seal a comfortable victory at Everton on Thursday.
Everton 0-2 Newcastle United
- Pro Picks: Analyzing and Applying NBA Tips from the Ladbrokes Blog
- Tottenham predicted line-up vs Aston Villa, Bentancur and Udogie to start
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Burnley vs West Ham United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Everton vs Manchester United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Chelsea – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Chelsea’s next five matches after the international break
- Chelsea injury news: Nkunku, Lavia and James latest update ahead of Newcastle clash
- ICC World Cup 2023: Australia beat India to lift record 6th title