City have a huge advantage in the tie as they registered a 3-0 victory against the Bavarians at the Etihad Stadium.
Rodri broke the deadlock after 27 minutes with a brilliant left-foot drive before Erling Haaland set up Bernardo Silva to add another with 20 minutes remaining.
The Norwegian also got on the scoresheet six minutes later to bag his 45th goal of the season.
Thomas Tuchel’s men now face a mountainous task to overturn the deficit in the second-leg.
They endured a disappointing 1-1 draw against Hoffenheim at the weekend, with Andrej Kramaric cancelling out the advantage of Benjamin Pavard’s early goal.
The draw leaves the Bavarians only two points ahead of title hopefuls Borussia Dortmund in the Bundesliga table.
On the other hand, Manchester City were at the top of their game on Saturday as they dispatched Leicester City 3-1 at the Etihad.
The Citizens decided the fate of the game within the first 25 minutes as John Stones fired the opener before Haaland scored a quick double.
Kelechi Iheanacho pulled one back in the second half but that only served as a small consolation for the Foxes who are now one of the favourites to drop down to the Championship by the end of this season.
Bayern Munich boss Thomas Tuchel will be dealing with a few injury woes this week as Manuel Neuer, Lucas Hernandez, Paul Wanner and Gabriel Marusic are all in the treatment room.
However, the good news for the Bavarians is that Eric Maxim Coupo-Moting has returned to training following his recovery from a knee injury. But it is doubtful whether he will be given the green light to start Wednesday’s clash at the Allianz Arena.
Meanwhile, Manchester City will only be missing Phil Foden who is still recovering from his appendix surgery.
Bayern Munich vs Manchester City potential line-ups
Bayern Munich: Sommer; Pavard, Upamecano, De Ligt, Davies; Kimmich, Goretzka; Sane, Musiala, Coman; Choupo-Moting
Manchester City: Ederson; Akanji, Dias, Ake; Stones, Rodri; Silva, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Grealish; Haaland
How to Watch?
Bayern Munich vs Manchester City, as well as all other Champions League matches, can be watched via live soccer streams.
Bayern Munich vs Manchester City prediction
The German giants have a slim chance of progressing to the next round of the Champions League following their 3-0 defeat in the away leg of the quarter-final. Their performance was also poor at the weekend as they let slip their early goal advantage to endure a disappointing draw.
On the other hand, City are currently enjoying a superb run of form and so we think they will come away with another victory from Germany.
Bayern Munich 1-2 Manchester City
- Pro Picks: Analyzing and Applying NBA Tips from the Ladbrokes Blog
- Tottenham predicted line-up vs Aston Villa, Bentancur and Udogie to start
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Burnley vs West Ham United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Everton vs Manchester United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Chelsea – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Chelsea’s next five matches after the international break
- Chelsea injury news: Nkunku, Lavia and James latest update ahead of Newcastle clash
- ICC World Cup 2023: Australia beat India to lift record 6th title