Frank Lampard will be back in the Chelsea dugout as his side make a trip to the Molineux Stadium to take on Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday.
Wolves are battling to stay in the Premier League this season and are currently just a point above the relegation zone in 14th place.
The Midlands outfit stunned Tottenham Hotspur with a 1-0 win at the beginning of March. But their subsequent displays have been highly disappointing as they have picked up just one point from the last nine available.
Following defeats to Newcastle United and Leeds United, Julen Lopetegui’s men played out a 1-1 draw with Nottingham Forest last weekend.
They looked on course to lose the game at the City Ground after Brennan Johnson scored in the first-half.
However, a late Daniel Podence strike salvaged a point for the visitors who struggled to create many goal scoring opportunities.
Meanwhile, Chelsea have announced club legend Frank Lampard as their caretaker boss following the sacking of Graham Potter.
The 44-year-old was most recently the manager of Everton but lost his job three months ago after failing to revive the fortunes of the club.
The Blues were led by interim coach Bruno Saltor on Tuesday when they played out a goalless draw with Liverpool at Stamford Bridge.
The Londoners squandered many goal scoring chances and ultimately had to settle for a point. The result was a big blow to their hopes of securing a Champions League berth for next season.
Wolves will not be able to avail the services of Ruben Neves this weekend as he will now serve his two-game suspension.
Sasa Kalajdzic, Chiquinho, Hwang Hee-chan will also sit out the match due to their injury issues.
As for Chelsea, Cesar Azpilicueta, Armando Broja and Thiago Silva will all be absent as they are currently on the treatment table.
While the availability of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is also doubtful due to a back problem in latest Chelsea news.
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Chelsea potential line-ups
Wolverhampton Wanderers: Sa; Semedo, Dawson, Kilman, Bueno; Lemina, Neves, Nunes; A. Traore, Jimenez, Podence
Chelsea: Kepa; James, W.Fofana, Badiashile, Chilwell; Kante, Fernandez, Mount; Madueke, Havertz, Sterling
How to Watch?
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Chelsea, alongside all other fixtures in England’s top flight, is available to watch online via soccer streaming sites.
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Chelsea prediction
Chelsea have been highly unconvincing this season despite huge backing in the last summer and winter transfer windows. However, they are expected to edge the Molineux encounter on Saturday with Lampard’s return likely to provide them with a much-needed boost.
Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-1 Chelsea
- Pro Picks: Analyzing and Applying NBA Tips from the Ladbrokes Blog
- Tottenham predicted line-up vs Aston Villa, Bentancur and Udogie to start
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Burnley vs West Ham United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Everton vs Manchester United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Chelsea – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Chelsea’s next five matches after the international break
- Chelsea injury news: Nkunku, Lavia and James latest update ahead of Newcastle clash
- ICC World Cup 2023: Australia beat India to lift record 6th title