The Europa League draw has been completed as Manchester United and Juventus learnt their opponents in the quarter-finals.
United will face Sevilla in the last eight after they beat Real Betis in the Round of 16 tie on a 5-1 aggregate.
The Red Devils got themselves into a dominating position after they won the home leg by an emphatic 4-1 score, with Marcus Rashford, Antony, Bruno Fernandes and Wout Weghorst all on target in the Old Trafford encounter.
Manuel Pellegrini’s side tried to make a comeback at the Estadio Benito Villamarin but they failed to breach United’s defences.
Rashford then bagged the winner early in the second-half as the Premier League giants cruised into the quarter-finals.
United have the distinction of winning the 2017 Europa League where they beat Ajax in the final. They also reached the final of the competition’s 2021 edition but ultimately lost the game on penalties to Villarreal.
Meanwhile, Juventus have been drawn with Sporting Lisbon in the quarter-finals.
The Old Lady are out of contention for a top-four finish in the Serie A after they suffered a 15-point deduction as punishment for capital gain violations.
But they will be aiming to secure Champions League football for next season through the Europa League route.
Max Allegri’s side comfortably won 2-0 against Freiburg on Thursday at the Europa-Park Stadion, thus winning the last 16 tie on a 3-0 aggregate.
Dusan Vlahovic broke the deadlock on the stroke of half-time before Federico Chiesa added a late second to lead Juve into the quarter-finals where they will meet Sporting Lisbon.
Ruben Amorim’s side shocked Arsenal yesterday by prevailing in the penalty shootout at the Emirates Stadium, thus winning the round of 16 tie and knocking the Gunners out of the competition.
Elsewhere, AS Roma will meet Dutch outfit Feyenoord in the last eight of the competition after they ousted Real Sociedad in the previous round.
Jose Mourinho’s side held the White and Blues to a goalless draw at the Reale Arena after winning the first-leg 2-0.
The Portugues boss led his side to a Europa Conference League title last year after defeating Feyenoord in the final. The two sides will now face each other in the quarter-finals.
Bayer Leverkusen will face Union Saint-Gilloise who outclassed Union Berlin in the previous round.
Xabi Alonso’s side knocked out Ferencvaros after comfortably winning the last 16 on a 4-0 aggregate.
Europa League quarter-final draw
Manchester United vs Sevilla
Juventus vs Sporting Lisbon
Bayer Leverkusen vs Union Saint-Gilloise
Feyenoord vs Roma
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Memsie Stakes – A Look at the Past Winners
- Five League Cup matches to watch this week
- Preview: Chelsea vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Could Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City Go Unbeaten This Season?
- Chelsea starlet agrees new contract ahead of potential January exit
- West Ham eye another European trophy after Conference League success last season
- What are Liverpool’s chances of winning the Europa League?