City will take on Bayern Munich in the last eight, with the Citizens looking to create history this season by winning the coveted European trophy.
The Premier League giants won their last 16 tie against RB Leipzig on an 8-1 aggregate, despite being held to a 1-1 draw in the first-leg.
Pep Guardiola’s men wreaked havoc on the Red Bulls’ defenders as they pounded an incredible seven goals at the Etihad Stadium.
Erling Haaland was in devastating form as he became the third player to score five times in a single Champions League match.
City will now meet Bayern who knocked out Paris Saint-Germain in the previous round.
Meanwhile, Chelsea have been drawn with La Liga giants Real Madrid in the last eight.
The Blues were up against Borussia Dortmund in the round of 16. They looked in danger of an early exit after the Bundesliga outfit edged the first-leg 1-0 at the Signal Iduna Park.
However, Graham Potter’s side were impressive at Stamford Bridge as they overcame the deficit to reach the quarter-finals of the competition.
Raheem Sterling broke the deadlock just before half-time, with Kai Havertz then adding another from the penalty spot soon after the restart.
They now face a difficult tie against Real Madrid who have been the most successful in the history of the Champions League. Los Blancos have the distinction of winning 14 titles so far, with their most recent one coming last year.
Elsewhere, Inter Milan were paired with Benfica after the Serie A outfit claimed a slender 1-0 aggregate win over Porto in the round of 16 tie. Roger Schmidt’s side outclassed Club Brugge with a 7-1 aggregate win earlier.
The other two Italian giants AC Milan and Napoli are also still alive in the Champions League and the two will meet each other in the last eight.
The Rossoneri ousted Tottenham Hotspur from the prestigious competition after they secured a goalless draw in North London to edge the tie 1-0.
Meanwhile, Napoli knocked out Eintracht Frankfurt after dominating both legs to win on a 5-0 aggregate score.
Champions League quarter-final draw
Real Madrid vs Chelsea
Benfica vs Inter Milan
Manchester City vs Bayern Munich
AC Milan vs Napoli
- ICC Cricket World Cup 2023: Full squad lists of all 10 teams
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Memsie Stakes – A Look at the Past Winners
- Five League Cup matches to watch this week
- Preview: Chelsea vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Could Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City Go Unbeaten This Season?
- Chelsea starlet agrees new contract ahead of potential January exit
- West Ham eye another European trophy after Conference League success last season