The Europa League last 16 draw has been completed as Manchester United and Arsenal have discovered their opponents in the round of 16.
The Red Devils will face Spanish outfit Real Betis, with the first-leg of the tie set to be played at Old Trafford on Thursday, March 9.
Erik ten Hag’s side knocked out Barcelona from the competition after winning the knockout round playoff tie on 4-3 aggregate.
United have won the Europa League once, with the English side beating Ajax 2-0 in the 2017 final.
The Red Devils then made it to the final of the competition in 2021 but lost the match to Villarreal on penalties.
Erik ten Hag’s side are one of the top favourites to win the European competition this year following their incredible victory against Barcelona at Old Trafford on Thursday.
United have a world-class manager in Ten Hag, while they also have serial winners like Casemiro and Raphael Varane in their ranks.
Marcus Rashford has been their best player this season, with the England international bagging 24 goals in 37 matches in all competitions.
Meanwhile, Arsenal will take on Sporting Lisbon after they topped Group A to advance directly to this stage. They will also play their first-leg of their last 16 tie on Thursday, March 9.
Mikel Arteta’s side won five of their six group matches to register 15 points, but they lost 2-0 at PSV Eindhoven in October.
The Gunners have reached two Europa League finals in the past but have lost both to Galatasaray (2000) and Chelsea (2019).
Arsenal are aiming to win the Premier League title this season but they are also top favourites to lift the 2022-23 Europa League.
The North London outfit boast some of the best attackers in Bukayo Saka, Gabriel Martinelli and Martin Odegaard. However, their defence doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence as they have failed to keep a clean sheet in their previous six matches in all competitions.
Elsewhere, Serie A giants Juventus will lock horns with German outfit Freiburg while Bayer Leverkusen will be up against Hungarian side Ferencvaros.
Jose Mourinho’s Roma face a tricky tie against Real Sociedad who had pipped Manchester United to top Group E.
Sevilla, who have the distinction of lifting six Europa League trophies, have been paired with Fenerbahce.
Meanwhile, Shakhtar Donetsk will face Feyenoord while Union Berlin will play Union Saint-Gilloise.
Europa League last 16 draw
Union Berlin v Union Saint-Gilloise
Sevilla v Fenerbahce
Juventus v Freiburg
Bayer Leverkusen v Ferencvaros
Sporting Lisbon v Arsenal
Manchester United v Real Betis
Roma v Real Sociedad
Shakhtar Donetsk v Feyenoord
- Five games to watch during the international break
- Europa League quarter-final draw: Man Utd face Sevilla, Juventus take on Sporting
- Champions League quarter-final draw: Man City take on Bayern, Chelsea drawn with Real Madrid
- Premier League games to watch this week
- Tottenham Hotspur vs AC Milan Preview – Prediction & how to watch
- The Relationship Between UK Sports Teams and Gambling Companies
- FA Cup quarter-final draw: Man City face Burnley, Man United take on Fulham
- Chelsea confirm Thiago Silva suffered knee ligament damage during Tottenham game
- Elite League: Scottish clubs face sustainability conundrum
- Everton vs Aston Villa Preview – revival on the cards?