The Black and Yellows have been impeccable since the Bundesliga resumed after the 2022 World Cup break.
With their latest success at Werder Bremen, they have now picked up five wins on the trot in the German top-flight.
The home side frustrated their attackers for over an hour before substitute Jamie Bynoe-Gittens broke the deadlock with a spectacular strike in the 67th-minute. Julian Brandt added another to make it a comfortable win for BVB.
The latest victory leaves Edin Terzic’s side third in the league standings, with three points behind leaders Bayern Munich.
On the other hand, Chelsea are enduring a highly disappointing run of form at the moment.
Despite spending over €300 million in the January transfer window, the Blues are winless in their last three top-flight matches.
They were recently in action at relegation-threatened West Ham United but failed to return to winning ways.
Emerson Palmieiri cancelled out the advantage of Joao Felix’s early strike as the Hammers played out a 1-1 draw.
The German giants boast an impressive home record in the Champions League as they lost only four of their previous 21 matches at the Westfalenstadion in the prestigious tournament.
However, it is also important to mention here that Dortmund’s three defeats in that run have been against English opposition.
Manager Graham Potter is currently under immense scrutiny due to his team’s disappointing recent performances. However, the English boss allegedly has the full support of the owners and that’s why his job is not in any danger in top Chelsea news.
The Blues were impressive under Potter during the Champions League group stages. They topped Group E ahead of AC Milan after winning four of their six matches. Now it remains to be seen how they perform in the knockout stages of the competition.
Borussia Dortmund vs Chelsea Potential line-ups
Borussia Dortmund: Kobel; Ryerson, Hummels, Schlotterbeck, Guerreiro; Bellingham, Can; Adeyemi, Reus, Brandt; Haller
Chelsea: Arrizabalaga; James, Thiago Silva, Koulibaly, Chilwell; Loftus-Cheek, Fernandez; Mount, Felix, Mudryk; Havertz
Borussia Dortmund vs Chelsea Prediction
The two European heavyweights will be meeting each other in a competitive match for the first time in history. Chelsea have been struggling at the moment but they have some of the best players in their squad, including Mykhailo Mudryk and Enzo Fernandez.
However, given the excellent form of Dortmund, we are more inclined to believe that the home side will edge this contest on Wednesday.
Borussia Dortmund 2-1 Chelsea
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Memsie Stakes – A Look at the Past Winners
- Five League Cup matches to watch this week
- Preview: Chelsea vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Could Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City Go Unbeaten This Season?
- Chelsea starlet agrees new contract ahead of potential January exit
- West Ham eye another European trophy after Conference League success last season
- What are Liverpool’s chances of winning the Europa League?