The 2022 World Cup is just a few nights away and the excitement has already reached its peak.
The tournament will bring together some of the best players from around the world to compete for football’s biggest prize. However, below we have listed the top five players you should definitely keep an eye on:
1- Lionel Messi
Lionel Messi has achieved almost everything in the world of football. Only the World Cup trophy has eluded the legendary footballer so far.
He has now reached the age of 35 and 2022 will likely be his last journey with Argentina. Therefore, the Paris Saint-Germain star will put an almighty effort to land the coveted trophy and end his international career on a high.
2- Cristiano Ronaldo
Cristiano Ronaldo has endured a highly frustrating season at Manchester United as he struggled for game-time under manager Erik ten Hag. However, he will be aiming to win the World Cup for Portugal this year, something which has never been done before in the history of the team.
Neymar is one of the most important players for Brazil and his impressive start to the season has left many fans with high expectations.
Like Ronaldo and Messi, the 2022 World Cup could possibly be his last. And so he will also be hoping to make it a memorable tournament.
4- Harry Kane
Harry Kane is one of the deadliest strikers in the world. He has averaged a goal per World Cup game. And he could become England’s all-time top scorer if he manages to bag two more goals in the tournament.
Kane will have to be at his best if the Three Lions are to do well in Qatar.
5- Kylian Mbappe
Mbappe is a prodigious talent who is highly rated for his creativity, explosive acceleration and brilliant finishing ability.
He won the Best Young Player Award in the 2018 World Cup after notching four goals in the tournament. The forward will be looking to provide another impressive display in the prestigious tournament to help France defend their title.
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Memsie Stakes – A Look at the Past Winners
- Five League Cup matches to watch this week
- Preview: Chelsea vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Could Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City Go Unbeaten This Season?
- Chelsea starlet agrees new contract ahead of potential January exit
- West Ham eye another European trophy after Conference League success last season
- What are Liverpool’s chances of winning the Europa League?