The 24-year-old joined the London club in 2020 from Lille in a deal worth around £27 million. He has since made 83 appearances across all competitions for the Gunners, with nine goals to his name.
The Brazilian has also made an impressive start to the 2022-23 season, starting 10 games in the English top-flight.
He has formed a great defensive partnership with William Saliba as Mikel Arteta’s side have conceded only 10 goals in the Premier League this campaign so far.
Gabriel has also made some high-profile errors this season but his overall performances have been impressive.
The defender has played around 900 minutes for the North London side this term, averaging an impressive 1.6 tackles, 0.7 interceptions and 3.4 clearances per league game (as per WhoScored). He has also made 2.2 long balls per game and has completed an incredible 90.4 percent of his passes.
Arsenal are also looking to extend the contracts of Saliba, Bukayo Saka and Gabriel Martinelli, who have all been providing key contributions to the team’s recent successes.
The Gunners are currently being regarded as a top contender to challenge Manchester City for the Premier League title.
They will be looking to maintain their excellent run when they come up against Southampton this weekend.
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Memsie Stakes – A Look at the Past Winners
- Five League Cup matches to watch this week
- Preview: Chelsea vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Could Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City Go Unbeaten This Season?
- Chelsea starlet agrees new contract ahead of potential January exit
- West Ham eye another European trophy after Conference League success last season
- What are Liverpool’s chances of winning the Europa League?