Thomas Frank’s side were on a disappointing three-game winless streak before their home encounter against Brighton & Hove Albion last weekend. However, they bounced back with a superb 2-0 victory at the Brentford Community Stadium, with Ivan Toney bagging a brace to boost his chances for making it to England’s World Cup squad.
Toney opened the scoring with a cheeky flick in the 27th-minute before adding another from the spot in the second-half.
Chelsea, on the other hand, maintained their 100 percent record in October by thrashing Aston Villa 2-0 on Sunday.
Mason Mount gave a standout performance for the Blues, converting the brilliant opportunity created by Tyrone Mings’ blunder in the 6th-minute.
The England international extended the scoreline with a superb free-kick goal after the hour mark.
Brentford have done well since earning promotion to the English top-flight in 2021. They secured a 13th-place finish last season and have also managed to be in the upper half of the table this campaign.
The Bees lost two matches against Chelsea in 2021 but they took their revenge in April last season. Thomas Frank’s side claimed an emphatic 4-1 victory against the Pensioners at Stamford Bridge, with Vitaly Janelt scoring a brace.
Many were not convinced when Graham Potter was announced as Chelsea’s new head coach following the sacking of Thomas Tuchel. However, they are now forced to acknowledge the abilities of the English boss who has led his side to five consecutive wins in all competitions.
The Blues have also kept four clean sheets in their previous four matches. While they have scored an impressive 10 goals in these games.
Brentford will be missing both Thomas Strakosha and Aaron Hickey due to ankle injuries. While the availability of Christian Norgaard is also doubtful on Wednesday.
Chelsea, on the other hand, also have several injury woes at the moment. Potter will be missing key players in N’Golo Kante, Wesley Fofana and Reece James, with the latter also set to remain sidelined for the World Cup in Qatar.
Brentford vs Chelsea Potential line-ups
Brentford: Raya; Ajer, Pinnock, Mee, Henry; Jensen, Janelt, Onyeka; Mbeumo, Toney, Wissa
Chelsea: Kepa; Azpilicueta, Chalobah, Koulibaly; Loftus-Cheek, Jorginho, Kovacic, Chilwell; Sterling, Mount; Aubameyang
How to Watch?
Brentford vs Chelsea, alongside all other Premier League matches this season, is available to watch online via live soccer streams.
Brentford vs Chelsea Prediction
Ivan Toney is firing on all cylinders at the moment and will be eager to earn his name on the scoresheet against Chelsea. However, Brentford will have to provide a hugley impressive display overall to defeat the Blues who are in top form now. The likely scenario will be a hard-fought victory for Graham Potter’s side on Wednesday.
Brentford 1-2 Chelsea
- Five Players to Watch at the 2022 World Cup
- Top Football Live Streams to Watch the UEFA Champions League
- Manchester City vs Chelsea Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Aston Villa vs Manchester United – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Manchester City vs Fulham Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Arsenal vs FC Zurich Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Real Sociedad vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Chelsea vs Dinamo Zagreb Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Manchester City vs Sevilla Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Liverpool vs Napoli Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups