Manchester United will return to action on Thursday when they lock horns with Omonia Nicosia in the Europa League at Old Trafford.
The Red Devils suffered a humiliating 6-3 defeat against Manchester City at the beginning of this month. However, they subsequently bounced back to pick up two wins on the trot in all competitions.
Erik ten Hag’s side prevailed over Omonia 3-2 before also triumphing against Everton on Sunday in the Premier League.
United fell behind early but recovered to strike twice through Antony and Cristiano Ronaldo to seal full points comfortably at Goodison Park.
Meanwhile, Omonia suffered a disappointing 1-0 loss at AEL with Jared Khasa’s first-half strike making the difference for the home side.
The Cypriot side have yet to register a point in the Europa League and are currently sitting at the bottom of Group E.
Erik ten Hag has led Manchester United to a positive start in the Premier League but they are definitely not in the race for the league title this season. And so United will be looking to the Europa League as an avenue of success this term.
The Red Devils have not been very convincing with their performances in Europe this campaign. But given the quality of players in their squad, they are expected to go very far in the tournament.
Omonia made it to the Europa League group stages which is an achievement in itself. However, there hasn’t been much to cheer about for the Cypriot side since then. Defeats at the hands of Sheriff Tiraspol, Real Sociedad and Manchester United leaves them at the bottom of their group with no points. However, they still have some hope to finish third and earn a place in the Europa Conference League.
Manchester United star Anthony Martial has again picked up a knock and so will not be involved in the upcoming fixture. While Axel Tuanzebe, Donny van de Beek, Harry Maguire, Brandon Williams and Aaron Wan-Bissaka will also be missing the Old Trafford encounter due to fitness issues.
Omonia, on the other hand, don’t have any injury woes this week and so Neil Lennon will be able to feature his best team on Thursday.
Manchester United vs Omonia Nicosia Potential line-ups
Manchester United: De Gea; Dalot, Varane, Martinez, Shaw; McTominay, Eriksen; Antony, Fernandes, Rashford; Ronaldo
Omonia Nicosia: Panagi; Miletic, Lang, Yuste; Matthews, Charalampous, Diskerud, Lecjaks; Loizou, Ansarifard, Bruno
How to Watch?
Manchester United vs Omonia Nicosia, alongside all other Europa League matches this season, is available to watch online via live soccer streams.
Manchester United vs Omonia Nicosia Prediction
Omonia troubled Manchester United’s defence last time out and forced Erik ten Hag to seek help from the bench to get the job done. However, the Red Devils are expected to claim a comfortable victory this time at Old Trafford. With players like Cristiano Ronaldo and Marcus Rashford in the team, they shouldn’t have much difficulty in scoring goals this week.
Manchester United 3-0 Omonia Nicosia
- Five Players to Watch at the 2022 World Cup
- Top Football Live Streams to Watch the UEFA Champions League
- Manchester City vs Chelsea Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Aston Villa vs Manchester United – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Manchester City vs Fulham Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Arsenal vs FC Zurich Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Real Sociedad vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Chelsea vs Dinamo Zagreb Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Manchester City vs Sevilla Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Liverpool vs Napoli Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups