The Gunners have made a spectacular start to the 2022-23 season, winning seven of their eight league matches.
They were most recently in action in the North London derby where they easily prevailed over their fierce rivals after strikes from Thomas Partey, Gabriel Jesus and Granit Xhaka.
With this victory, Arteta’s side have extended their lead to four points at the top of the table.
However, on being asked whether they are genuine title contenders, the Spanish boss refused to give a definite answer.
He said (as per Eurosport): “I leave that to you guys, honestly.
“We’re just at the start and we are really happy with where we are and understanding that you cannot control… because emotion is related and the table says what it says but it’s not something we will look at, to be fair.”
Arsenal genuine title contenders?
Mikel Arteta’s side have created a lot of excitement among fans after their impressive start to the 2022-23 season.
They have only lost to Manchester United so far, with the Gunners emerging victorious in their other seven matches.
The North London outfit were brilliant in their recent encounter with Spurs. William Saliba, Xhaka, Partey and Jesus were all in top form as they claimed a big victory at the Emirates Stadium.
However, it is probably too early to talk about Arsenal’s title chances. They are definitely in a very strong position to finish in the top-four and are also favourites to win the Europa League.
But they need to deliver more such performances before they could be considered genuine title contenders.
Currently, Manchester City are the firm favourites to defend their title. They have a coach like Pep Guardiola and their squad is full of quality players for every position.
- Everton face crucial month of March that could define their season
- Preview: Blackburn Rovers vs Newcastle United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- EFL Cup final preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Porto vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- NBA 2023/24: 4 Main Contenders for the Championship
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Wolverhampton Wanderers – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Copenhagen vs Manchester City – prediction, team News, line-ups
- Preview: West Ham United vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups