Arsene Wenger believes that Arsenal have a good chance of winning the Premier League title this season.
The Gunners have made a spectacular start to the 2022-23 season and they are currently at the top of the league standings with 18 points.
They won their first five matches in the English top-flight before losing 3-1 at Manchester United.
But the North Londoners bounced back emphatically at the weekend, beating Brentford 3-0 at the Gtech Community Stadium.
Wenger, who managed Arsenal between 1996 and 2018, thinks his old club have a good chance of winning their 14th league crown this season.
‘I would say they (Arsenal) have a good chance this season because I don’t see any super dominating team,’ he told Sky Sports.
‘I believe that it is a good opportunity to do it this season.
‘Of course, it’s a little bit of a special season as well because you have the World Cup in the middle and you don’t know how much that will affect the performances of the individual players and of the teams.
‘Overall, I believe there is a good opportunity there this season.’
Do the Gunners have a good chance?
Arsenal enjoyed a very good summer transfer window when they brought in Gabriel Jesus, Oleksandr Zinchenko and Fabio Vieira.
They certainly have improved the squad and have been very dominating in the league matches that they won.
However, their victories have come against the likes of Fulham, Aston Villa and Leicester City.
Mikel Arteta’s side lost the match against Manchester United and they haven’t been tested against the likes of Manchester City, Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool.
However, that is about to change in October as they come up against Spurs before Jurgen Klopp’s side travel to the Emirates Stadium.
We will have some idea by then whether they can seriously challenge for the Premier League title this season.
For now, Manchester City are the firm favourites to defend the league crown. Pep Guardiola’s side have also given some disappointing performances so far this campaign, but they look well-stocked in every department.
- Everton face crucial month of March that could define their season
- Preview: Blackburn Rovers vs Newcastle United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- EFL Cup final preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Porto vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- NBA 2023/24: 4 Main Contenders for the Championship
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Wolverhampton Wanderers – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Copenhagen vs Manchester City – prediction, team News, line-ups
- Preview: West Ham United vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups