Chelsea are in talks to sign AC Milan star Rafael Leao, according to reports.
The 23-year-old joined the Italian side in 2019 and has since made 119 appearances across all competitions, with 28 goals to his name.
He played an instrumental role in helping his side win the Serie A title last season, scoring 11 goals in 34 league appearances.
His current contract at the San Siro is set to expire in 2024, having penned a five-year deal in 2019.
According to The Times, Chelsea are currently in talks with Milan over a move for the young forward.
The Blues have been looking for reinforcements in attack following the departures of Romelu Lukaku and Timo Werner earlier this transfer window.
Thomas Tuchel’s side have made a poor start to the new season, losing matches against Leeds United and most recently Southampton to be eighth in the table.
According to La Gazzetta Dello Sport, the Rossoneri want a prodigious £126 million to let their player leave.
The Blues have already splashed huge sums to sign Raheem Sterling, Kalidou Koulibaly, Marc Cucurella, Cesare Casadei and most recently Leicester City star Wesley Fofana.
Therefore, it looks very unlikely that they will spend such a massive fee to seal a move for Leao.
The Portugal international is a very technical and versatile player who is known for his dribbling, long shots and finishing ability.
The 23-year-old averaged 2.9 shots, 1.3 key passes and 2.9 dribbles per game in the Serie A.
However, £126m is an enormous sum and Chelsea will certainly not be willing to pay it.
- The Week in Sport: Manchester City win third Premier League league title in a row, Dortmund one win away from first Bundesliga League title since 2012
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Hull tips Ovechkin to overhaul Gretzky’s goal record
- The Week in Sport: Barcelona win La Liga, City close in on third successive Premier League title
- Who will win the Premier League top-four race?
- The Week in Sport: Real Madrid win Copa Del Ray, Verstappen storm to Miami win
- This Week In Sport: Tough times for Arsenal, James v Curry, the Kentucky derby and more
- The Week in Sport: Man City get closer to a treble
- Europa League predictions: Can Sevilla beat Juventus?
- Preview: Everton vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups