Arsenal are still very active in the transfer market despite signing several top players earlier this summer.
The Gunners have been looking to reinforce their attacking ranks and believe Villarreal star Yeremy Pino to be a good fit.
To the excitement of fans, the club’s technical director Edu has been pictured flying to Valencia (home of the Yellow Submarine), which means they are very serious about a move. The picture shows the 44-year-old boarding a RyanAir flight to the Spanish city, as per football.london.
Pino is one of the most exciting prospects in Spain right now. The academy graduate of Villarreal has already made 77 appearances across all competitions for his side, bagging 14 goals and five assists.
He was also part of Unai Emery’s side that won the Europa League final over Manchester United in 2021, thus becoming the youngest player to win the prestigious competition.
Liverpool have also been credited with an interest in the 19-year-old but it looks Arsenal will manage to secure a deal for him.
The Gunners have enjoyed a hugely successful transfer window so far as they signed Gabriel Jesus, Oleksandr Zinchenko, Matt Turner and Marquinhos.
Mikel Arteta’s side have made a strong start to the 2022-23 season, registering comfortable victories over Crystal Palace and Leicester City in their previous Premier League encounters.
If the North London outfit also manage to sign Pino, then that would represent another smart business for them.
The youngster is blessed with a superb pace while his dribbling and finishing ability has also garnered him huge praise.
Last season, he scored six goals and created four assists in 31 league appearances, averaging 0.8 key passes and 0.8 dribbles per game.
- Declan Rice move would break Arsenal’s transfer record
- Who would replace Karim Benzema at Real Madrid?
- Best Soccer Games To Watch In June 2023
- The Week in Sport: Bayern Munich and PSG win league titles, Verstappen wins in Monaco
- The Week in Sport: Manchester City win third Premier League league title in a row, Dortmund one win away from first Bundesliga League title since 2012
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Hull tips Ovechkin to overhaul Gretzky’s goal record
- The Week in Sport: Barcelona win La Liga, City close in on third successive Premier League title
- Who will win the Premier League top-four race?
- The Week in Sport: Real Madrid win Copa Del Ray, Verstappen storm to Miami win