The climax of the Emirates FA Cup, the oldest football competition, is almost upon us again for the 150th edition.
The FA Cup Finalists
Liverpool will play against Chelsea on Saturday, May 14, 2022. The kick-off time is yet to be determined but is expected to be at 5 pm BST.
The match will take place at Wembley Stadium.
It will be a rematch of their meeting earlier this year at the League cup final. A final that ended in a goalless draw but an 11-10 Liverpool win in penalties.
Chelsea will be looking to take the cup this year after falling to Leicester City in the final last year. They are currently tied for Third all-time FA cup winners with Tottenham(eight), Behind Manchester United (12), and Arsenal (14).
Chelsea last lifted the FA Cup four years ago, where Antonio Conte met Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United and secured a 1-0 victory.
With Liverpool and Manchester City battling for the Premier League title, Chelsea will have to settle for third. Therefore, the FA cup might be their only chance at silverware since they’ve been knocked out of the Champions League by Real Madrid.
Liverpool has not lifted the FA cup in 16 years since the famous “Gerrard final.”. They will be looking to tie with Chelsea and Tottenham for eight all-time FA cup wins.
Road To FA Cup Final
Liverpool beat Manchester City 3-2 on April 16, with Sadio Mane scoring a Brace, and Chelsea confirmed their spot on April 17 after winning Crystal palace 2-0.
In the semi-final, Chelsea secured their spot by winning Middlesbrough 2-0, while Crystal palace thrashed Everton 4-0.
Nottingham Forest fell to Liverpool, who faced Manchester City after seeing off Southampton.
FA Cup Final Prediction
Juergen Klopp has often been accused of not taking this competition seriously, seeing as he has never gone past the fifth round.
Liverpool has, however, forced their way back into the Premier League title picture and also secured the Carabao cup glory in 2022. They will be looking to bring back the FA cup home for the first time since 2006.
On the other hand, Thomas Tuchel has shown that he’s a strong tactician in cup competitions and is more than capable of bringing the trophy back to Stamford Bridge for the ninth time.
Prediction: Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool.
How To Watch The FA Cup Final
The FA Cup final on May 14 will be broadcast live in the UK by BBC. It will be available on terrestrial/satellite TV on BBC One, whilst digital viewers can stream the fixture using the BBC iPlayer.
There will also be coverage on BBC Radio 5 Live.
You can also stream the FA Cup final live online.
- Declan Rice move would break Arsenal’s transfer record
- Who would replace Karim Benzema at Real Madrid?
- Best Soccer Games To Watch In June 2023
- The Week in Sport: Bayern Munich and PSG win league titles, Verstappen wins in Monaco
- The Week in Sport: Manchester City win third Premier League league title in a row, Dortmund one win away from first Bundesliga League title since 2012
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Hull tips Ovechkin to overhaul Gretzky’s goal record
- The Week in Sport: Barcelona win La Liga, City close in on third successive Premier League title
- Who will win the Premier League top-four race?
- The Week in Sport: Real Madrid win Copa Del Ray, Verstappen storm to Miami win