The climax of the Emirates FA Cup, the oldest football competition, is almost upon us again for the 150th edition.
The FA Cup Finalists
Liverpool will play against Chelsea on Saturday, May 14, 2022. The kick-off time is yet to be determined but is expected to be at 5 pm BST.
The match will take place at Wembley Stadium.
It will be a rematch of their meeting earlier this year at the League cup final. A final that ended in a goalless draw but an 11-10 Liverpool win in penalties.
Chelsea will be looking to take the cup this year after falling to Leicester City in the final last year. They are currently tied for Third all-time FA cup winners with Tottenham(eight), Behind Manchester United (12), and Arsenal (14).
Chelsea last lifted the FA Cup four years ago, where Antonio Conte met Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United and secured a 1-0 victory.
With Liverpool and Manchester City battling for the Premier League title, Chelsea will have to settle for third. Therefore, the FA cup might be their only chance at silverware since they’ve been knocked out of the Champions League by Real Madrid.
Liverpool has not lifted the FA cup in 16 years since the famous “Gerrard final.”. They will be looking to tie with Chelsea and Tottenham for eight all-time FA cup wins.
Road To FA Cup Final
Liverpool beat Manchester City 3-2 on April 16, with Sadio Mane scoring a Brace, and Chelsea confirmed their spot on April 17 after winning Crystal palace 2-0.
In the semi-final, Chelsea secured their spot by winning Middlesbrough 2-0, while Crystal palace thrashed Everton 4-0.
Nottingham Forest fell to Liverpool, who faced Manchester City after seeing off Southampton.
FA Cup Final Prediction
Juergen Klopp has often been accused of not taking this competition seriously, seeing as he has never gone past the fifth round.
Liverpool has, however, forced their way back into the Premier League title picture and also secured the Carabao cup glory in 2022. They will be looking to bring back the FA cup home for the first time since 2006.
On the other hand, Thomas Tuchel has shown that he’s a strong tactician in cup competitions and is more than capable of bringing the trophy back to Stamford Bridge for the ninth time.
Prediction: Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool.
How To Watch The FA Cup Final
The FA Cup final on May 14 will be broadcast live in the UK by BBC. It will be available on terrestrial/satellite TV on BBC One, whilst digital viewers can stream the fixture using the BBC iPlayer.
There will also be coverage on BBC Radio 5 Live.
You can also stream the FA Cup final live online.
- Arsenal vs Bodo/Glimt Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Omonia vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Saudi Arabia wins bid to host 2029 Asian Winter Games
- Chelsea vs AC Milan Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Manchester City vs Copenhagen – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Liverpool vs Rangers Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Eintracht Frankfurt vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Mikel Arteta’s response on whether Arsenal are genuine Premier League title contenders
- Former Super Bowl MVP urges the Steelers to adopt a ‘winning attitude’
- Manchester City vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups