The Golden State Warriors superstar, after being out for the last 12 games of the season due to suffering a sprained ligament and bone bruise in his left foot vs. the Boston Celtics, has made good progress with recovery.
The injury came after the Marcus Smart dive for a loose ball where Smart rolled onto his foot in the Second Quater, in a game which the Warriors lost.
The Warriors went 1-6 in their next seven games after the injury before they could find their stride back and still finished the season as the third seed.
“Steph looked like himself. He just gives everybody a lift, just his presence on the court,” Klay Thompson said via the Associated Press.
Steve Kerr, in an interview after Thursday’s scrimmage, said Steph Curry’s “Conditioning looks good,” but they’re still going to have to take it “A day at a time.”
Kerr, in the same interview, made it known that Curry is going to have to be on minutes restriction if he’s going to play on Saturday against the Denver Nuggets at Chase Center.
Warriors reporter Kerith Burke, via a tweet, said, “Steph said he’s “hopeful” he’ll play Saturday. Said he doesn’t want to put a % on how he’s feeling. There’s “a little pain and discomfort” but the ? (Question) he asks himself, for playoffs is can he help the team win and do what he does? If the answer is yes, Steph says he’s gonna play.”
Curry returning on Saturday is terrific news for the Warriors but bad news for the Nuggets’ defense.
The Warriors’ offense is 5.8points per 100 possessions better when Curry is on the court. Combined with his ability to draw the defense to himself, Thompson’s ability to shoot the ball, and Draymond Green’s playmaking. The Nuggets’ defense is going to be stretched thin.
- Pro Picks: Analyzing and Applying NBA Tips from the Ladbrokes Blog
- Tottenham predicted line-up vs Aston Villa, Bentancur and Udogie to start
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Burnley vs West Ham United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Everton vs Manchester United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Chelsea – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Chelsea’s next five matches after the international break
- Chelsea injury news: Nkunku, Lavia and James latest update ahead of Newcastle clash
- ICC World Cup 2023: Australia beat India to lift record 6th title