After a thrilling 2022 Pakistan Super League season, only Multan Sultans and Lahore Qalandars are still standing in the tournament.
The two sides will battle it out today at the Gaddafi Stadium for the PSL 7 crown.
The Sultans have been spectacular in the tournament. They won nine of their ten matches in the group stages, which is a record in the history of the PSL.
Mohammad Rizwan’s side also came out on top in the Qualifier match against the Qalandars on Wednesday.
They posted a 164-run target in the stipulated 20 overs, with Rilee Rossouw hitting 65 and Rizwan scoring an unbeaten 53 runs.
The home side made 135 runs in reply despite Fakhar Zaman making 63 off 45 balls.
Lahore have bounced back in the tournament after losing the Qualifier to Multan. They edged past Islamabad United by six runs in the second Eliminator on Friday to book a place in the final.
The Qalandars decided to bat first after winning the toss and reached a competitive 168 runs in the 20 overs.
The home side picked up some early wickets, but the match looked to be slipping from their hands after Alex Hales and Azam Khan created a solid partnership.
However, some excellent fielding brought them back into the game. After a superb last over from David Wiese, Lahore won by six runs.
Both sides have faced each other 12 times, with Multan winning seven matches and Lahore emerging victorious in five encounters.
Lahore Qalandars vs Multan Sultans Probable Starting XIs
Lahore Qalandars: Fakhar Zaman, Abdullah Shafique, Kamran Ghulam, Mohammad Hafeez, Phil Salt, Harry Brook, David Wiese, Fawad Ahmed, Haris Rauf, Shaheen Afridi, Zaman Khan.
Multan Sultans: Shan Masood, Mohammad Rizwan, Aamer Azmat, Rilee Rossouw, Johnson Charles, Khushdil Shah, David Willey, Asif Afridi, Rumman Raees, Imran Tahir, Shahnawaz Dahani.
Lahore Qalandars vs Multan Sultans Prediction
Lahore Qalandars have some quality players in their ranks, including Zaman, Shaheen Afridi and Haris Rauf.
However, Multan Sultans are more balanced, plus their batting line-up is very deep. We expect Mohammad Rizwan’s side to defend their PSL crown by winning the final on Sunday.
- Pro Picks: Analyzing and Applying NBA Tips from the Ladbrokes Blog
- Tottenham predicted line-up vs Aston Villa, Bentancur and Udogie to start
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Burnley vs West Ham United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Everton vs Manchester United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Chelsea – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Chelsea’s next five matches after the international break
- Chelsea injury news: Nkunku, Lavia and James latest update ahead of Newcastle clash
- ICC World Cup 2023: Australia beat India to lift record 6th title