The 2022 Pakistan Super League is nearing its end, with the final set to be played on February 27 at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore.
Karachi Kings were eliminated from the tournament after they lost nine of their 10 matches.
Quetta Gladiators also failed to make it to the play-offs after they finished fifth in the table. Islamabad United knocked out Peshawar Zalmi from PSL 7, with the Sherus defeating the 2017 champions by five wickets in the first Eliminator.
In this edition of the tournament, we have seen some spectacular individual performances. Shan Masood, Mohammad Rizwan and Fakhar Zaman have impressed with the bat while Shadab Khan, Imran Tahir and Khushdil Shah have earned praise for their brilliant bowling skills.
Multan Sultans have won an incredible ten of their 11 matches in this tournament, with their batsmen playing a big part in their success.
Rizwan has hit seven half-centuries, with his total in this edition reaching 532 runs. Masood has scored 459 runs, with 88 his highest score.
Lahore Qalandars’ Fakhar Zaman is the leading run-scorer in the PSL at the moment.
The 31-year-old has been in superb form, with 584 runs and seven half-centuries already under his belt.
The star batsman also struck a superb century against Karachi Kings earlier in the tournament that included 12 boundaries and four sixes.
His most recent fifty came against Multan in the Qualifier match. He kept the Qalandars’ hopes alive when they were chasing a 164-run target at the Gaddafi Stadium.
Despite wickets falling consistently at the other end, Fakhar stood firm and scored 63 runs with the help of four sixes and two boundaries.
However, Lahore went on to lose the game by 28 runs.
- Everton face crucial month of March that could define their season
- Preview: Blackburn Rovers vs Newcastle United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- EFL Cup final preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Porto vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- NBA 2023/24: 4 Main Contenders for the Championship
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Wolverhampton Wanderers – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Copenhagen vs Manchester City – prediction, team News, line-ups
- Preview: West Ham United vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups