Lahore Qalandars will face Islamabad United in the second Eliminator of the PSL 7 at the Gaddafi Stadium on Friday.
Shaheen Afridi’s side lost the Qualifier 1 match to Multan Sultans on Wednesday by 28 runs.
The defending champions posted a 164-run target and the home side, despite Fakhar Zaman scoring 63 off 45, could only make 135 in the 20 overs.
Lahore will be looking to make it to their second PSL final after they finished second in the table this season, winning six of their ten group matches.
Islamabad have reignited their hopes for winning their third PSL crown after they defeated Peshawar Zalmi by five wickets in Eliminator 1.
The Sherus were on a three-match losing streak but bounced back strongly in the play-offs on Thursday.
Islamabad reached the 170-run target in their last over, with Alex Hales hitting a blistering 62 off 49 balls.
The two sides have met each other 14 times, with Islamabad winning nine and Lahore emerging victorious in five of those encounters.
Lahore Qalandars vs Islamabad United Probable Starting XIs
Lahore Qalandars: Fakhar Zaman, Abdullah Shafique, Kamran Ghulam, Mohammad Hafeez, Harry Brook, Samit Patel, Phil Salt, David Wiese, Shaheen Afridi, Haris Rauf, Zaman Khan.
Islamabad United: Will Jacs, Alex Hales, Shadab Khan, Azam Khan, Asif Ali, Faheem Ashraf, Liam Dawson, Athar Mahmood, Zahid Mahmood, Waqas Maqsood.
Lahore Qalandars vs Islamabad United Prediction
Lahore have already defeated Islamabad twice this season. With Zaman and Afridi in their ranks, the home side look likely to win on Friday.
- Arsene Wenger thinks Arsenal have a good chance of lifting Premier League trophy
- Chelsea dismiss commercial director after just two weeks over ‘inappropriate messages’
- Who is Arsenal wonderkid Ethan Nwaneri who recently made Premier League history?
- Brentford vs Arsenal Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Sheriff Tiraspol vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Chelsea vs RB Salzburg Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Liverpool vs Ajax Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Sporting Lisbon vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Arsenal players excluded, Manchester United and Liverpool stars called up to Brazil squad