Table-toppers Multan Sultans will lock horns with Lahore Qalandars in the Qualifier of the 2022 Pakistan Super League on February 23 at the Gaddafi Stadium.
Mohammad Rizwan’s side have been spectacular in the tournament. They have won nine of their ten matches which is a record in the PSL.
Their only defeat of the tournament came at the hands of Lahore earlier this month when they lost the game by 52 runs.
They will enter Wednesday’s clash on the back of a six-wicket victory over Islamabad United on February 20.
The Sherus made only 105 runs in the stipulated 20 overs, with Musa Khan’s 26 their highest individual score.
In response, Multan easily reached the target at the cost of four wickets, with Rizwan hitting an unbeaten 51 off 42 balls.
The Qalandars grabbed second spot in the table after securing 12 points.
They lost to Peshawar Zalmi in their previous PSL match after a thrilling super over.
The Yellow Storm posted a 159-run target after batting first, and that total looked to be sufficient when the Qalandars needed 24 from the final over.
However, Shaheen Afridi’s late heroics took the game to the super over.
But Wahab Riaz’s sensational bowling and Shoaib Malik’s superb batting meant they ultimately won the match.
Multan Sultans vs Lahore Qalandars Probable Starting XIs
Multan have been exceptional in PSL 7. They are currently on a three-game winning run following their loss against the Qalandars. They are unlikely to make any changes to the line-up.
Probable Starting XI: Shan Masood, Mohammad Rizwan (C), Aamer Azmat, Khushdil Shah, Tim David, David Willey, Rilee Rossouw, Asif Afridi, Rumman Raees, Imran Tahir, Shahnawaz Dahani.
Lahore have also been impressive in the ongoing tournament, despite losing four matches. Some of their batsmen have struggled with consistency, but the Qalandars are likely to feature the same team which has been successful this season.
Probable Starting XI: Fakhar Zaman, Phil Salt (WK), Kamran Ghulam, Mohammad Hafeez, Harry Brook, Sohail Akhtar, David Wiese, Shaheen Afridi (C), Haris Rauf, Fawad Ahmed, Zaman Khan.
Multan Sultans vs Lahore Qalandars Prediction
Multan and Lahore have beaten each other once in the tournament. However, considering the Sultans have been more consistent, we believe Rizwan’s side will emerge victorious on Wednesday.
- Pro Picks: Analyzing and Applying NBA Tips from the Ladbrokes Blog
- Tottenham predicted line-up vs Aston Villa, Bentancur and Udogie to start
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Burnley vs West Ham United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Everton vs Manchester United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Chelsea – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Chelsea’s next five matches after the international break
- Chelsea injury news: Nkunku, Lavia and James latest update ahead of Newcastle clash
- ICC World Cup 2023: Australia beat India to lift record 6th title