Karachi Kings endured a disastrous campaign in the 2022 Pakistan Super League.
They lost an incredible nine matches in the group stages, which is a record in the history of the PSL.
The 2020 champions only claimed a single victory in the entire tournament against Lahore Qalandars in the 26th match of the tournament.
Babar Azam, who took the role of captaincy from Imad Wasim before the start of the PSL, opened up about their disastrous campaign.
The skipper accepted the reality that the Kings didn’t perform well and said there was plenty to “reflect, learn, and improve.”
Karachi won their first Pakistan Super League crown in 2020, defeating Lahore Qalandars by five wickets in the final.
However, they failed to impress in 2021 as they barely made it to the play-offs after finishing fourth in the table.
Karachi also fell at the first hurdle, with Peshawar Zalmi defeating them by five wickets in Eliminator 1.
Expectations were high that the Kings would do well in the PSL 7, but they spectacularly failed this season.
They were eliminated from the tournament after losing an incredible nine matches.
- Memsie Stakes – A Look at the Past Winners
- Five League Cup matches to watch this week
- Preview: Chelsea vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Could Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City Go Unbeaten This Season?
- Chelsea starlet agrees new contract ahead of potential January exit
- West Ham eye another European trophy after Conference League success last season
- What are Liverpool’s chances of winning the Europa League?
- Preview: Everton vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups