Multan Sultans registered their ninth Pakistan Super League victory as they defeated Islamabad United by six wickets on Sunday.
By doing so, the Sultans have created a new record in PSL history, becoming the first side to pick up nine wins in the league stage of the tournament.
Mohammad Rizwan’s side started the new season in spectacular fashion as they claimed six victories on the trot.
Only Lahore Qalandars broke their winning run, defeating Multan by 52 runs in match 17th of PSL 7 earlier this month.
But the defending champions went on claim three consecutive victories in the tournament following that loss.
They outclassed Karachi Kings by seven wickets before downing Quetta Gladiators by an incredible 117 runs.
Their latest victory came against Islamabad on Sunday at the Gaddafi Stadium, where they defeated their rivals by six wickets.
United made only 105 runs in the stipulated 20 overs after they won the toss and decided to bat first.
None of their batsmen impressed, with Musa Khan’s 26 their highest individual score.
Multan didn’t face any difficulties as they chased down the total with 16 balls remaining.
Skipper Mohammad Rizwan scored an unbeaten 51 off 42 balls while David Willey contributed 28 to help the Sultans to a six-wicket win.
- Premier League Matchday 22 Predictions & How to Watch
- Everton confirm Sean Dyche as their new manager
- Babar Azam wins ICC Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Year award
- FA Cup Fourth Round Predictions and how to watch
- Chelsea reignite interest in Everton star Anthony Gordon
- Carabao Cup semi-finals Preview – Prediction & how to watch
- PSL 8 Live Streaming, TV Channels, Schedule, Squads & Preview
- Chelsea vs Manchester City Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Premier League: Aston Villa vs Liverpool Preview