David Wise and Alex Ferreira won the silver and bronze medals in the skiing halfpipe men’s event at the 2022 Winter Olympics.
The US athletes finished on the podium, alongside Nico Porteous of New Zealand, who clinched the gold medal.
Ferreira added the bronze to his silver medal from the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea.
Bart Swings makes history for Belgium
Bart Swings won Belgium’s first gold medal at the 2022 Beijing Games.
The Belgian athlete finished at the top of the podium in the speed skating men’s mass start event.
Swings broke a 74-year-old record at the Winter Olympics for Belgium, who won their last gold medal in 1948 with Micheline Lannoy and Pierre Baugniet claiming victory in figure skating.
Irene Schouten continues to impress in Beijing
Dutch speedskater Irene Schouten won gold in the women’s mass start on Saturday.
It was her third gold medal at the 2022 Beijing Games.
She came first in the 5,000 metres speedskating event and set a world record on her way to the gold medal.
Schouten also took gold in the 3,000m speedskating on February 10.
The women’s mass start was the final event in speedskating at the Games.
Courtesy of Schouten’s genius in three separate events, Netherlands finished top of the table in speedskating with 12 medals.
- Premier League Matchday 22 Predictions & How to Watch
- Everton confirm Sean Dyche as their new manager
- Babar Azam wins ICC Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Year award
- FA Cup Fourth Round Predictions and how to watch
- Chelsea reignite interest in Everton star Anthony Gordon
- Carabao Cup semi-finals Preview – Prediction & how to watch
- PSL 8 Live Streaming, TV Channels, Schedule, Squads & Preview
- Chelsea vs Manchester City Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Premier League: Aston Villa vs Liverpool Preview