China’s Eileen Gu has become the first freeskier to bag three medals in the same edition of the Winter Olympics.
Gu won the women’s half-pipe gold medal on Friday, adding to her other gold in the big air event and a silver medal in slopestyle.
The 18-year-old Chinese athlete now has the chance to become a legend in the sport given her quick start in the quadrennial event.
Thomas Krol maintains tradition for Holland
Thomas Krol won gold at the 1,000 metres speedskating race in Beijing on Friday.
His finish at the top of the podium means the Dutch nation has won gold in this event for three consecutive Winter Olympics.
Stefan Groothuis won at the 2014 Sochi Games while Kjeld Nuis grabbed gold in Pyeongchang four years ago.
Krol also claimed the silver medal in the 1,500m speedskating event this year.
Thingnes Boe wins fifth medal in Beijing
Norway’s Thingnes Boe won gold at the 15km mass start biathlon event on Friday.
He ended his 2022 Winter Games campaign with five medals after participating in six events.
He won three golds in the 10km sprint, men’s 4 x 7.5km relay, and mixed relay 4 x 6km events.
His bronze medal came in the men’s 20km individual.
The Norwegian biathlete now has a career total of eight Olympic medals and will definitely go down in history as one of the best exponents of the sport.
- Premier League Matchday 22 Predictions & How to Watch
- Everton confirm Sean Dyche as their new manager
- Babar Azam wins ICC Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Year award
- FA Cup Fourth Round Predictions and how to watch
- Chelsea reignite interest in Everton star Anthony Gordon
- Carabao Cup semi-finals Preview – Prediction & how to watch
- PSL 8 Live Streaming, TV Channels, Schedule, Squads & Preview
- Chelsea vs Manchester City Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Premier League: Aston Villa vs Liverpool Preview