Pakistan Super League continues on Wednesday as Multan Sultans take on Karachi Kings in Lahore.
The defending champions will be looking to bounce back after they tasted their first defeat of the tournament against Lahore Qalandars last time out.
Shaheen Afridi’s side posted a 183-run target in the stipulated 20 overs after they were put in to bat first.
With none of their batsmen making a good score, Multan ultimately fell short by an incredible 52 runs.
However, they are still at the top of the table having won their first six matches of the tournament.
Meanwhile, Karachi Kings have been enduring a very disappointing PSL campaign.
They have lost seven consecutive matches on the trot and have been eliminated from the title race.
Their latest defeat came against Islamabad United, who beat them by a single run.
With that loss, the 2020 champions became the first side to suffer seven consecutive defeats in the history of the PSL.
Karachi and Multan met each other in the first match of the PSL 7, which saw Mohammad Rizwan’s side claiming a comfortable victory.
Considering the form of the two sides, it looks likely that the Sultans will emerge victorious once again today.
- Memsie Stakes – A Look at the Past Winners
- Five League Cup matches to watch this week
- Preview: Chelsea vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Could Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City Go Unbeaten This Season?
- Chelsea starlet agrees new contract ahead of potential January exit
- West Ham eye another European trophy after Conference League success last season
- What are Liverpool’s chances of winning the Europa League?
- Preview: Everton vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups