Islamabad United 191 for 7 (Shadab 34, Asif 28, Imad 2-30) beat Karachi Kings 190 for 8 (Imad 55, Qasim 51, Maqsood 3-34) by one run.
Karachi Kings’ woeful form continued on Monday as Islamabad United defeated them by one run in match 21 of the Pakistan Super League.
That was their seventh consecutive defeat, and they have now been eliminated from the title race.
Babar Azam’s side are also the first team in the history of PSL to suffer seven consecutive defeats.
Islamabad were put in to bat first at the Gaddafi Stadium, and they reached a competitive 192-run target in the stipulated 20 overs.
None of their batsmen reached a half-century, with Shadab Khan’s 34 their highest individual score.
However, there was some explosive batting from Asif Ali and Faheem Ashraf late in the game that helped them reach a solid total.
In response, Karachi Kings failed to make a good start as skipper Babar Azam departed when just 17 runs were on the board.
Joe Clarke and Sahibzada Farhan were also dismissed soon but Sharjeel Khan scored a blistering 29-ball 44 runs.
A solid 108-run partnership between Imad Wasim and Qasim Akram took the Kings to the brink of victory.
However, a brilliant last over from Waqas Maqsood handed Islamabad a one-run victory.
Maqsood picked up three wickets in the match while Asif Ali claimed two.
Islamabad will now return to action on Thursday when they take on Peshawar Zalmi.
See the PSL 7 schedule for all match dates and our live cricket streams page for information on finding the best cricket streaming site for you.
- Declan Rice move would break Arsenal’s transfer record
- Who would replace Karim Benzema at Real Madrid?
- Best Soccer Games To Watch In June 2023
- The Week in Sport: Bayern Munich and PSG win league titles, Verstappen wins in Monaco
- The Week in Sport: Manchester City win third Premier League league title in a row, Dortmund one win away from first Bundesliga League title since 2012
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Hull tips Ovechkin to overhaul Gretzky’s goal record
- The Week in Sport: Barcelona win La Liga, City close in on third successive Premier League title
- Who will win the Premier League top-four race?
- The Week in Sport: Real Madrid win Copa Del Ray, Verstappen storm to Miami win