Lahore Qalandars 143 for 2 (Fakhar 53, Ghulam 55*) beat Quetta Gladiators 141 for 7 (Iftikhar 52, Afridi 2-27, Wiese 2-25) by eight wickets.
Fakhar Zaman once again impressed with the bat as Lahore Qalandars thrash Quetta Gladiators by eight wickets in the 20th Pakistan Super League match.
Shaheen Afridi’s side reached the target of 142 runs with eight wickets in hand at the Gaddafi Stadium Lahore to register back to back wins in the PSL 7.
The home side won the toss and elected to bowl first, a decision which proved to be very beneficial for them.
Shaheen Afridi wreaked havoc on the opposition in his first over, with the skipper dismissing Jason Roy before bowling out James Vince from two consecutive deliveries.
Except for Iftikhar Ahmed and Umar Akmal, all the other batsmen of Quetta failed to impress yesterday.
Iftikhar hit a 52 run knock that included two fours and three sixes, while Akmal struck a quickfire 25 runs off 19.
In response, Lahore made a strong start as openers Fakhar Zaman and Abdullah Shafique created a 41-run partnership.
Fakhar grabbed the headlines again as he struck a good fifty in 42 balls, hitting six fours. Kamran Ghulam also impressed with the bat as his unbeaten 55 off 39 made the chase look easy for the home side.
With this victory, Lahore have now secured 10 points and are currently in second spot in the table.
They will now return to action on Friday when they take on Karachi Kings who are yet to win a game in the PSL 7.
See the PSL 7 schedule for all match dates and our live cricket streams page for information on finding the best cricket streaming site for you.
- Declan Rice move would break Arsenal’s transfer record
- Who would replace Karim Benzema at Real Madrid?
- Best Soccer Games To Watch In June 2023
- The Week in Sport: Bayern Munich and PSG win league titles, Verstappen wins in Monaco
- The Week in Sport: Manchester City win third Premier League league title in a row, Dortmund one win away from first Bundesliga League title since 2012
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Hull tips Ovechkin to overhaul Gretzky’s goal record
- The Week in Sport: Barcelona win La Liga, City close in on third successive Premier League title
- Who will win the Premier League top-four race?
- The Week in Sport: Real Madrid win Copa Del Ray, Verstappen storm to Miami win