Quetta Gladiators 203 for 5 (Roy 54, Sarfaraz 50*) beat Islamabad United 199 for 8 (Hales 62, Faheem 55) by five wickets.
Sarfaraz Ahmed and Umar Akmal starred for Quetta Gladiators as they defeated Islamabad United by five wickets in the 18th Pakistan Super League match.
The Gladiators, who defeated Lahore Qalandars in their previous PSL match, opted to bowl first after winning the toss at the Gaddafi Stadium yesterday.
Islamabad managed to reach the 200-run target in the stipulated 20 overs, with Alex Hales and Faheem Ashraf impressing with the bat.
Hales struck a blistering 62 runs knock that included four sixes and four boundaries, while Ashraf made a quickfire 55 off 28.
In response, the Purple Force made a strong start as Jason Roy and Ahsan Ali built a solid partnership. The duo scored a combined 84 runs.
Roy, who played a superb 116 knock against Lahore, continued his impressive form and hit a half-century.
However, he was dismissed by Shadab Khan in the seventh over, with the skipper also taking the wicket of James Vince and Iftikhar Ahmed.
But his efforts ultimately proved futile as an unbeaten half-century from Sarfaraz Ahmed and a late cameo from Umar Akmal sealed victory for Quetta.
The Purple Force are currently fourth in the points table, winning three of their six matches. They return to action on Sunday when they take on Lahore Qalandars.
- Premier League Matchday 22 Predictions & How to Watch
- Everton confirm Sean Dyche as their new manager
- Babar Azam wins ICC Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Year award
- FA Cup Fourth Round Predictions and how to watch
- Chelsea reignite interest in Everton star Anthony Gordon
- Carabao Cup semi-finals Preview – Prediction & how to watch
- PSL 8 Live Streaming, TV Channels, Schedule, Squads & Preview
- Chelsea vs Manchester City Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Premier League: Aston Villa vs Liverpool Preview