Lahore Qalandars skipper Shaheen Shah Afridi has called star wicketkeeper-batsman Mohammad Rizwan a role model.
The two players were in action yesterday at the Gaddafi Stadium when the Qalandars outclassed Multan Sultans by an incredible 52 runs.
At one point in the match, the duo exchanged gestures and the video later went viral.
Shaheen bowled a quick delivery which Rizwan blocked and it came towards the pacer.
The 21-year-old faked throwing the ball straight to Rizwan, but the Lahore skipper opened his arms with a big smile on his face as if he wanted to hug the bowler.
Shaheen later took to Twitter and praised the 29-year-old, calling him a ‘role model’.
The Sultans’ winning streak finally came to an end on Friday as Lahore defeated them by a huge 52 runs.
Fakhar Zaman stole the headlines as he struck a blistering knock of 60 runs off 37 balls.
The home side reached the target of 183 in the stipulated 20 overs, with Kamran Ghulam and Mohammad Hafeez also contributing valuable runs.
The defending champions were bowled out for 130 in response, with Zaman Khan picking up three wickets.
- ICC Cricket World Cup 2023: Full squad lists of all 10 teams
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Memsie Stakes – A Look at the Past Winners
- Five League Cup matches to watch this week
- Preview: Chelsea vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Could Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City Go Unbeaten This Season?
- Chelsea starlet agrees new contract ahead of potential January exit
- West Ham eye another European trophy after Conference League success last season