Norway seems to have found its feet at the 2022 Winter Olympics.
After a slow start over the weekend, they currently lead the medals table at the Beijing Games.
Four gold, one silver and four bronze medals have placed Norway at the top of the charts, with Sweden ranking second (four gold, one silver and two bronze medals).
South Korea appeals to CAS over poor refereeing during the short track skating event
South Korea’s world-record holders Hwang Dae-heon and Lee June-seo were disqualified in the semi-finals of the 1,000 metres short track skating event.
The referee deemed their lane changing and late passing illegal and dashed their hopes of winning a gold medal by disqualifying them.
The South Korea Olympic Committee (SKOC) has drafted a formal complaint with the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).
CAS is an independent sports institution that provides solutions via mediation or arbitration to matters of sports-related dispute.
Nina O’Brien undergoes surgery
US Alpine skier Nina O’Brien went under the knife after suffering a horrific injury at the Beijing Games.
She faced a heavy-collision crash at the women’s giant slalom event, which badly damaged her left leg.
After the surgery, she posted on her social media to detail that she suffered an open fracture to her tibia.
AJ Hurt has been named as O’Brien’s replacement at the Beijing Games.
France claimed their first gold medal at the Winter Olympics when Quentin Fillon Maillet won the men’s 20km individual biathlon.
Czech Republic also entered the medal table with a first-place finish at the women’s parallel giant slalom.
Ester Ledecka won gold for them by defending her 2018 Winter Olympics victory.
- Pro Picks: Analyzing and Applying NBA Tips from the Ladbrokes Blog
- Tottenham predicted line-up vs Aston Villa, Bentancur and Udogie to start
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Burnley vs West Ham United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Everton vs Manchester United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Chelsea – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Chelsea’s next five matches after the international break
- Chelsea injury news: Nkunku, Lavia and James latest update ahead of Newcastle clash
- ICC World Cup 2023: Australia beat India to lift record 6th title