Quetta Gladiators will take on Lahore Qalandars in the 15th match of the Pakistan Super League on Monday.
The Purple Force have lost three of their four matches so far and are currently fifth in the points table with a net run rate of -0.165.
The Gladiators’ latest defeat came against Islamabad United on Thursday when they fell short by an incredible 43 runs chasing a target of 230.
Shadab Khan’s side reached that mammoth target after being put in to bat first, with three of their players hitting half-centuries.
Opener Paul Stirling struck a 28-ball knock of 58 that included seven fours and three sixes. However, it was the 97-run partnership between Colin Munro and Azam Khan that helped them reach a formidable total.
In response, the Gladiators were bowled out for 186, with Shadab Khan picking up a five-wicket haul to provide a vital contribution in the victory of Islamabad.
Meanwhile, the Qalandars have bounced back strongly in the PSL tournament after losing their first match against Multan Sultans.
They have picked up three consecutive victories since that loss and are currently third in the table with six points.
The Qalandars’ latest win came against Islamabad on Saturday when they defended their 174-run target.
Quetta and Lahore have met each other 12 times in the past, with both sides winning six encounters each.
See the PSL 7 schedule for all match dates and our live cricket streams page for information on finding the best cricket streaming site for you.
- Declan Rice move would break Arsenal’s transfer record
- Who would replace Karim Benzema at Real Madrid?
- Best Soccer Games To Watch In June 2023
- The Week in Sport: Bayern Munich and PSG win league titles, Verstappen wins in Monaco
- The Week in Sport: Manchester City win third Premier League league title in a row, Dortmund one win away from first Bundesliga League title since 2012
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Hull tips Ovechkin to overhaul Gretzky’s goal record
- The Week in Sport: Barcelona win La Liga, City close in on third successive Premier League title
- Who will win the Premier League top-four race?
- The Week in Sport: Real Madrid win Copa Del Ray, Verstappen storm to Miami win