Peshawar Zalmi skipper Wahab Riaz has expressed disappointment with his performance after his side lost against Multan Sultans by an incredible 57 runs.
The skipper took responsibility for the Yellow Storm’s defeat at the National Stadium, admitting that he should have batted and fielded better.
The 36-year-old proved to be highly expensive for Zalmi on Saturday as he conceded 55 runs from his four overs.
He later took to social media site Twitter to comment about the result.
The 13th match of the Pakistan Super League saw Multan Sultans score a mammoth 223-run target after being put in to bat.
Mohammad Rizwan struck a blistering 82 runs off 53 balls that included eight fours and a sixer.
Late heroics from Tim David and Khushdil Shah helped them reach 222 runs.
Zalmi failed to make a good start during the chase as they lost their first wicket of Kamran Akmal with just 24 runs on the board.
Hazratullah Zazai played a good knock of 41 runs while Ben Cutting contributed 52 runs.
However, their efforts were in vain as the Sultans registered a huge 57 run victory.
- Pro Picks: Analyzing and Applying NBA Tips from the Ladbrokes Blog
- Tottenham predicted line-up vs Aston Villa, Bentancur and Udogie to start
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Burnley vs West Ham United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Everton vs Manchester United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Chelsea – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Chelsea’s next five matches after the international break
- Chelsea injury news: Nkunku, Lavia and James latest update ahead of Newcastle clash
- ICC World Cup 2023: Australia beat India to lift record 6th title