Lahore Qalandars 174 for 9 (Shafique 44, Brook 37, Shadab 4-20) beat Islamabad United 166 for 5 (Munro 60, Shadab 52, Rauf 2-41) by eight runs
Lahore Qalandars claimed their third PSL victory on Saturday as Zaman Khan held his nerve and defended 12 runs in the final over.
The young pacer conceded just three runs in the last over, even though big-hitters Asif Ali and Azam Khan were on the pitch.
The 12th match of the Pakistan Super League saw Islamabad United win the toss at the National Stadium today, and they decided to bowl first.
Openers Fakhar Zaman and Abdullah Shafique provided a good start, with the duo scoring a combined 82 runs.
The Qalandars reached a competitive 175-run target, with Harry Brook contributing 37 and David Wiese 20 runs.
Islamabad made a poor start to their innings as Paul Stirling and Alex Hales both departed early.
However, Shadab Khan and Colin Munro created a 100-run partnership for the third wicket to put the Sherus in the driving seat.
Shadab, who also took four wickets conceding just 20 runs earlier, struck 52 runs off 32 balls that included four sixes and two fours.
But Rashid Khan dismissed the Islamabad skipper in the 15th over, and Munro soon departed with Haris Rauf taking his wicket.
The Sherus needed 12 runs from the last over with Ali and Khan at the crease.
Khan kept his cool, conceding only three runs to win the match by eight runs for the Qalandars.
See the PSL 7 schedule for all match dates and our live cricket streams page for information on finding the best cricket streaming site for you.
- Declan Rice move would break Arsenal’s transfer record
- Who would replace Karim Benzema at Real Madrid?
- Best Soccer Games To Watch In June 2023
- The Week in Sport: Bayern Munich and PSG win league titles, Verstappen wins in Monaco
- The Week in Sport: Manchester City win third Premier League league title in a row, Dortmund one win away from first Bundesliga League title since 2012
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Hull tips Ovechkin to overhaul Gretzky’s goal record
- The Week in Sport: Barcelona win La Liga, City close in on third successive Premier League title
- Who will win the Premier League top-four race?
- The Week in Sport: Real Madrid win Copa Del Ray, Verstappen storm to Miami win