Lahore Qalandars 174 for 9 (Shafique 44, Brook 37, Shadab 4-20) beat Islamabad United 166 for 5 (Munro 60, Shadab 52, Rauf 2-41) by eight runs
Lahore Qalandars claimed their third PSL victory on Saturday as Zaman Khan held his nerve and defended 12 runs in the final over.
The young pacer conceded just three runs in the last over, even though big-hitters Asif Ali and Azam Khan were on the pitch.
The 12th match of the Pakistan Super League saw Islamabad United win the toss at the National Stadium today, and they decided to bowl first.
Openers Fakhar Zaman and Abdullah Shafique provided a good start, with the duo scoring a combined 82 runs.
The Qalandars reached a competitive 175-run target, with Harry Brook contributing 37 and David Wiese 20 runs.
Islamabad made a poor start to their innings as Paul Stirling and Alex Hales both departed early.
However, Shadab Khan and Colin Munro created a 100-run partnership for the third wicket to put the Sherus in the driving seat.
Shadab, who also took four wickets conceding just 20 runs earlier, struck 52 runs off 32 balls that included four sixes and two fours.
But Rashid Khan dismissed the Islamabad skipper in the 15th over, and Munro soon departed with Haris Rauf taking his wicket.
The Sherus needed 12 runs from the last over with Ali and Khan at the crease.
Khan kept his cool, conceding only three runs to win the match by eight runs for the Qalandars.
- Premier League Matchday 22 Predictions & How to Watch
- Everton confirm Sean Dyche as their new manager
- Babar Azam wins ICC Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Year award
- FA Cup Fourth Round Predictions and how to watch
- Chelsea reignite interest in Everton star Anthony Gordon
- Carabao Cup semi-finals Preview – Prediction & how to watch
- PSL 8 Live Streaming, TV Channels, Schedule, Squads & Preview
- Chelsea vs Manchester City Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Premier League: Aston Villa vs Liverpool Preview