NFC champions Los Angeles Rams will take on the AFC champions Cincinnati Bengals in Super Bowl LVI.
The 2021-22 NFC championship match between the Rams and the San Francisco 49ers was a battle between the runners-up of the Super Bowl LIII and LIV respectively.
The Rams charged to victory in the fourth quarter by chasing down a 10-point deficit against the 49ers.
Super Bowl LV runners-up Kansas City Chiefs were favourites to beat the Bengals in the AFC Championship match.
Trailing 21-3, the Bengals staged an epic comeback to win 27-24 in overtime.
The Super Bowl half-time show is a much-anticipated affair.
A host of artists have been lined up for the mega event this year as well.
Rappers Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem and Kendrick Lamar will perform along with R&B singer Mary J Blige.
The Home Team conundrum
The Super Bowl LVI will be played at the SoFi Stadium, the home of the Rams.
However, the NFL has a rule to alternate home teams for the Super Bowl between the NFC and the AFC on an annual basis.
This year’s home team advantage by that rule will go to the Bengals.
Victory record at Super Bowl
The Rams won two NFL Championships (1945 & 1951) prior to the Super Bowl.
They have conquered the Super Bowl once (2000) while losing it three times (1980, 2002 & 2019).
The Bengals have never won a Super Bowl despite making two appearances at the mega event (1981 & 1988).
Date & Time
The Super Bowl LVI will be held on February 13, 2022.
UK fans will be able to watch the event live from 11:30 pm GMT.
The Bengals were a massive price in the pre-season odds to reach Super Bowl LVI.
Their sharp turnaround in fortunes makes them an exciting and entertaining prospect.
However, the Rams have the experience of winning a Super Bowl and have generally been a powerful team in recent NFL history.
Expect them to take home the Lombardi trophy unless Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow has something to say about it.
You can catch live Super Bowl LVI action on these NFL streaming sites.
- Declan Rice move would break Arsenal’s transfer record
- Who would replace Karim Benzema at Real Madrid?
- Best Soccer Games To Watch In June 2023
- The Week in Sport: Bayern Munich and PSG win league titles, Verstappen wins in Monaco
- The Week in Sport: Manchester City win third Premier League league title in a row, Dortmund one win away from first Bundesliga League title since 2012
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Hull tips Ovechkin to overhaul Gretzky’s goal record
- The Week in Sport: Barcelona win La Liga, City close in on third successive Premier League title
- Who will win the Premier League top-four race?
- The Week in Sport: Real Madrid win Copa Del Ray, Verstappen storm to Miami win