Lahore Qalandars 174 for 4 (Fakhar Zaman 106) beat Karachi Kings 170 for 7 (Sharjeel Khan 60) by six wickets.
Fakhar Zaman struck a brilliant century as Lahore Qalandars claimed a six-wicket victory against Karachi Kings.
Shaheen Afridi’s side decided to bowl first after winning the toss at the National Stadium on Sunday.
Karachi’s Sharjeel Khan and Babar Azam batted brilliantly and created an 84-run opening stand.
However, once Sharjeel departed on 60 off 39, the Kings couldn’t maintain their early momentum.
Zaman Khan dismissed Mohammad Nabi in the 13th over before Babar also left the pitch in the next over, with Rashid Khan picking up his wicket.
However, with Joe Clarke contributing 24 runs, Karachi reached a competitive 171 target.
The 2020 champions also bowled well and picked up the early wickets of Abdullah Shafique and Kamran Ghulam.
But Zaman was unstoppable today as he thwarted all their attempts and created a good partnership with Samit Patel.
The left-handed batter struck an amazing 106 runs that included 12 boundaries and four sixers.
Lahore needed six runs in the final over and Patel smashed two fours off the first two deliveries of Lewis Gregory to seal victory for his side.
The Qalandars have bounced back with a win after losing their first PSL match by five wickets against Multan Sultans.
- Premier League Matchday 22 Predictions & How to Watch
- Everton confirm Sean Dyche as their new manager
- Babar Azam wins ICC Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Year award
- FA Cup Fourth Round Predictions and how to watch
- Chelsea reignite interest in Everton star Anthony Gordon
- Carabao Cup semi-finals Preview – Prediction & how to watch
- PSL 8 Live Streaming, TV Channels, Schedule, Squads & Preview
- Chelsea vs Manchester City Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Premier League: Aston Villa vs Liverpool Preview