The Magpies have been very active in the January transfer window, signing Kieran Trippier and Chris Wood to bolster their ranks.
However, they don’t look to be finished yet as they are targeting several other players, including Dembele.
According to Marca, Newcastle are prepared to battle with Man United and Chelsea to sign the 24-year-old.
Paris Saint-Germain have also been credited with an interest in the highly-rated forward, but a move to the Premier League is said to be more likely.
The forward’s current contract at Camp Nou expires at the end of this season.
Barca were initially keen to extend his deal, but the two parties appear to have agreed that a January move is best for both.
The Catalans want to sell the France international in this transfer window, but they are reportedly not opposed to a loan move.
Dembele joined Barcelona from Borussia Dortmund in 2017, costing them a whopping £126 million.
Since he arrived at Camp Nou, he has made 129 appearances across all competitions, scoring 31 goals and creating 23 assists (stats from Transfermarkt).
- Pro Picks: Analyzing and Applying NBA Tips from the Ladbrokes Blog
- Tottenham predicted line-up vs Aston Villa, Bentancur and Udogie to start
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Burnley vs West Ham United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Everton vs Manchester United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Chelsea – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Chelsea’s next five matches after the international break
- Chelsea injury news: Nkunku, Lavia and James latest update ahead of Newcastle clash
- ICC World Cup 2023: Australia beat India to lift record 6th title