Newcastle United are set to compete with Manchester United and Chelsea for the signature of Ousmane Dembele, according to reports.
The Magpies have been very active in the January transfer window, signing Kieran Trippier and Chris Wood to bolster their ranks.
However, they don’t look to be finished yet as they are targeting several other players, including Dembele.
According to Marca, Newcastle are prepared to battle with Man United and Chelsea to sign the 24-year-old.
Paris Saint-Germain have also been credited with an interest in the highly-rated forward, but a move to the Premier League is said to be more likely.
The forward’s current contract at Camp Nou expires at the end of this season.
Barca were initially keen to extend his deal, but the two parties appear to have agreed that a January move is best for both.
The Catalans want to sell the France international in this transfer window, but they are reportedly not opposed to a loan move.
Dembele joined Barcelona from Borussia Dortmund in 2017, costing them a whopping £126 million.
Since he arrived at Camp Nou, he has made 129 appearances across all competitions, scoring 31 goals and creating 23 assists (stats from Transfermarkt).
- Declan Rice move would break Arsenal’s transfer record
- Who would replace Karim Benzema at Real Madrid?
- Best Soccer Games To Watch In June 2023
- The Week in Sport: Bayern Munich and PSG win league titles, Verstappen wins in Monaco
- The Week in Sport: Manchester City win third Premier League league title in a row, Dortmund one win away from first Bundesliga League title since 2012
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Hull tips Ovechkin to overhaul Gretzky’s goal record
- The Week in Sport: Barcelona win La Liga, City close in on third successive Premier League title
- Who will win the Premier League top-four race?
- The Week in Sport: Real Madrid win Copa Del Ray, Verstappen storm to Miami win